Skip to main content

Terrible Day

I'm not going to go into a lot of detail here, but suffice it to say that I had a TERRIBLE day at work! I made a huge mistake costing the company some revenue, and I feel awful! I certainly didn't need anyone to get on my butt, because I was kicking myself for the better part of the day. I know, I know, I'm human, but this was a BIG human mistake! I hate to admit that I'm human! HATE TO MAKE MISTAKES - ESPECIALLY BIG ONES! Okay, that's it. I'm having a margarita and trying to relax now. I'm done with being human for a while!

Comments

Chris said…
Glad you made it through the day, Linda. I had a pretty craptastic day myself.
Linda said…
Looks like we both survived. You'll have to tell me about yours!
hang in there! You should check those books out. I am going to start posting more about books on my blog and will even have an author on a blog tour on my blog in August. I say it's always good to try out something you normally wouldn't and expand your horizons!
Heather rules said…
I totally understand how you feel. I'm here for ya!
Jennifer Lacy said…
let me just say that in all the years i worked with you, all you did was save the company money and help the customer so if you made one mistake all i can say is, it's about time! Don't beat yourself up - you are GREAT at what you do (even if you are human!)
Country Girl said…
you're only human... one error in a bajillion years is not a terrible thing. you rock. and if it makes you feel any better... i QUADRUPLED an order i input for april. thankfully it was caught the first week, but... man, it sucked!
El Bee said…
I agree. On practically a daily basis you save the advertising department money by finding their mistakes. So one time you leave out a few garage sales....BIG WHOOP! :) I miss paginating.
Anonymous said…
I hope your weekend made up for your "terrible day" thursday. No worries! And I agree with the above comments, no worries, you rock!
Linda said…
Lori - we miss your paginating too! I'm not too keen on the late nights, but at least it's now rotated between 3 of us, so I only have to stay late one week out of every 3. You never had that "luxury".
El Bee said…
Yeah, the late nights did suck. I just enjoyed the actual process...not all the crap that went along w/it. You know, that crap you get to deal w/on a daily basis! :) You're a saint for doing it as long as you have!