Skip to main content

We Survived!


We survived another garage sale! I used to be a once- or twice-a-year garage "seller"; but the last 5 years I have slowed down a bit. After debating the last few weeks, I finally decided to go ahead with the spring sale. Park City does a city-wide sale in the spring and fall. We didn't have a lot of big items to sell, but I had a lot of books, some scrapbooking & stamping items, clothes and a bit of miscellaneous. Did pretty good too - sold quite a few books, and we didn't have much to sack/box up for Goodwill. The kids all worked last night, so Corby and I went to mom's and did her grocery shopping. I visited with her while Corby went to Long John Silver's and got her a piece of fish and 2 hushpuppies. That seems to be her favorite food right now! We had some running to do after we left mom's, then we stopped and grabbed dinner at Hog Wild BBQ. Kaitlin closed last night. That normally means she's done around 11, but she didn't get done until after midnight. Apparently they had about 30 people come into the lobby around 9:45, and not only did they stay until after the 10:00 closing, but they used up a lot of things that Kaitlin had already stocked. So she had to clean the lobby and bathroom, as well as re-stock everything! Corby waited up there for her - for an hour! I would have come home and told her to call when she was done, but it was a nice night, so he sat and dozed in the van!

We did our grocery shopping this morning, since we had such a busy day yesterday. The kids are all working this afternoon and evening; so I'm busy getting laundry done, bills paid, etc. Corby fixed a big salad for dinner! YUM! We don't often buy all the ingredients and make a salad, we usually buy bagged salad (for the convenience); but "the real thing" sounded so much better today! He is also fixing spaghetti and meatballs. Yes, I know I'm lucky that I have a husband who LOVES to cook!

The second picture I posted is of Sugar, our outdoor cat. She has a thing for our chimenea (sp?). This is a picture Kaitlin took of her last fall, hiding inside it. We keep it covered with a big yellow trashbag when we're not using it!

My music for today is Richard Marx - great songwriter and singer!

Quote for the day: "Time flies. It's up to you to be the navigator." -- Robert Orben

Comments

cute kitty picture!! i added more pictures from our trip today and i got brandon's thank you note.

Popular posts from this blog

I-Pod Mania

I thought I'd do a post about all the artists I have on my Ipod. If you have no desire to know, STOP, READ NO FURTHER! I have a wide range of musical tastes, and this is only a partial list. There are also a lot of other artists out there that I want to add...maybe someday! Here goes: Air Supply, Alabama, Alison Krauss, Alter Bridge, Amy Grant, Amy Winehouse, Andy Gibb, The Anointed, Audio Adrenaline, Avalon, B.J. Thomas, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, Bad Company, Barbra Streisand, Barry Manilow, Bee Gees, Billy Dean, Billy Idol, Billy Ray Cyrus, Blake Shelton, Blessid Union of Souls, Blondie, Blue Oyster Cult, Bob Dylan, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Bonnie Raitt, Boston, Brad Paisley, Bread, Brooks & Dunn, Bruce Springsteen, Bryan Adams, Building 429, Caedmon's Call, Carly Simon, The Cars, Casting Crowns, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chris Tomlin, Cinderella, Clint Black, Collin Raye, The Commodores, Craig Morgan, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Cyndi Lauper, Damn Yankees, Dan Fogelberg, Dau

VACATION

On vacation for a few days (return to work on Thursday)...here's where I wish I was... I plan on enjoying some peace and quiet...and possibly, if I get motivated, getting some cleaning and organizing done in the office area of the basement. We'll see if that motivation arrives (it's not here yet)... Good news for Park City residents...recycling came to town the first of January. We are charged $4.00 month (added onto our already high water bill); but it has lowered the price of our trash pickup. The company P.C. contracted with has a much lower price than the company we use. Our company matched the price, so our trash bills went down (considerably) AND we get to recycle. We can recycle almost all our plastics, newspapers, cardboard, aluminum cans, cereal boxes, glass, motor oil, etc. We've got two big bags to set out tomorrow. Just doin' our part for the environment. We are without hot water right now...our hot water heater needs a new thermo-couple? It's a fair

Fun times with Lenore

While Lenore and Daniel were here, she had a library book panel at the Johnson County Library in Overland Park. So, on Tuesday afternoon, November 27th, Lenore, her friend Rachelle and I took off for KC. We had a great time visiting on the way up and back, and I didn't get tired at all driving! We stopped for a quick bite to eat at Arby's and filled up with gas at QT before heading to the library. It was an interesting panel featuring Bethany Hagen, author of Landry Park, which comes out next year; Gennifer Albin, author of Crewel, which was released a few months ago; and Lenore, whose book will be released on January 15. Here's the panel: Me & Lenore: Lenore & Rachelle: Gennifer, Bethany and Lenore