Skip to main content

Busy Week

It's been a busy week! Mom had a dr's appt. on Monday afternoon. Everything went well. She seems to be doing well at the nursing home, and has become friends with most of the nurses. They all call her "Miss Billie".

Tuesday night we had surprise visitors. Brandon came home from work about 9:15 and told us he'd seen Sabrina, Corby's cousin from OK, at Leeker's. She and her husband, Brian, and twin sons, Zane and Stephan were in Wichita because the boys were playing on the Tulsa team in the National Baseball Congress tournament. She knew we lived in Wichita, but didn't know we lived in Park City. They were staying with Brian's aunt & uncle, who also live in PC. SMALL world! She gave Brandon her cell phone #, Corby called her, and she and Brian came over to visit. We hadn't seen them since Margaret's funeral last May. Corby went to the boys' game last night, but they lost 10-0 (run-ruled) so they are out of the tournament.

We celebrated birthday's at Rhonda's apartment on Wednesday night. We hadn't had a chance to celebrate Brandon (May 16), Corby (June 22) or Rhonda's (May 30) birthdays with the family with all the issues going on with mom and Brandon's work schedule. Since Lenore was in town, we celebrated her birthday too (May 31). I went to lunch with Lenore and Nick on Thursday, and then they went over and picked mom up and took her to visit a friend of Lenore's and her kids. Mom does enjoy getting out!


The big news of the week: Kaitlin got a job at Leeker's! She gave 1 week notice to Wendy's, and will start Monday...so for a week and a half all three kids will be working there. Brandon's last day is the 16th, as we'll spend the 17th packing for K-State! BOO HOO! Seriously, I am very excited for him, and I know this is just the next chapter in his life; but I AM going to miss him! I think we'll be making monthly trips to Manhattan - if he isn't able to come back home. He hasn't heard about the internship that he applied for - supposed to hear the first part of August, so we should find out something this next week.


Corby and Kaitlin had to take Cinnamon to the vet this morning. She's been holding one of her ears funny, and scratching it. Apparently she has an infection in it, so she has to have ear drops twice a day. It was quite a sight watching Corby hold her down - she's 65 pounds of STRONG dog - while Kaitlin put the drops in her ears. She did NOT like it! Of course, that little trip to the vet cost $75!!!

Current book: just picked up "Bungalow 2" by Danielle Steel from hold at the library, so I will be starting it tonight. Her books are fast reads...I just finished "The Woods" by Harlan Coben. It was VERY good. He's a good author. I've read most of his books.

Current music: anything by "Five for Fighting"...I had heard their song "100 Years" on the radio some time ago, but didn't really know who they were. I heard some of their music on a website I was checking out, and really enjoyed it, so I got several of their CD's. Very good mellow music! Of course, I've also been listening to 38 Special's Greatest Hits CD - great Southern rock!

Quote of the day: "I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see." -- John Burroughs


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I-Pod Mania

I thought I'd do a post about all the artists I have on my Ipod. If you have no desire to know, STOP, READ NO FURTHER! I have a wide range of musical tastes, and this is only a partial list. There are also a lot of other artists out there that I want to add...maybe someday! Here goes: Air Supply, Alabama, Alison Krauss, Alter Bridge, Amy Grant, Amy Winehouse, Andy Gibb, The Anointed, Audio Adrenaline, Avalon, B.J. Thomas, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, Bad Company, Barbra Streisand, Barry Manilow, Bee Gees, Billy Dean, Billy Idol, Billy Ray Cyrus, Blake Shelton, Blessid Union of Souls, Blondie, Blue Oyster Cult, Bob Dylan, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Bonnie Raitt, Boston, Brad Paisley, Bread, Brooks & Dunn, Bruce Springsteen, Bryan Adams, Building 429, Caedmon's Call, Carly Simon, The Cars, Casting Crowns, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chris Tomlin, Cinderella, Clint Black, Collin Raye, The Commodores, Craig Morgan, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Cyndi Lauper, Damn Yankees, Dan Fogelberg, Dau

Fun times with Lenore

While Lenore and Daniel were here, she had a library book panel at the Johnson County Library in Overland Park. So, on Tuesday afternoon, November 27th, Lenore, her friend Rachelle and I took off for KC. We had a great time visiting on the way up and back, and I didn't get tired at all driving! We stopped for a quick bite to eat at Arby's and filled up with gas at QT before heading to the library. It was an interesting panel featuring Bethany Hagen, author of Landry Park, which comes out next year; Gennifer Albin, author of Crewel, which was released a few months ago; and Lenore, whose book will be released on January 15. Here's the panel: Me & Lenore: Lenore & Rachelle: Gennifer, Bethany and Lenore

K-STATE WINS!

K-STATE beat KU! AWESOME! It was a tense game. Corby is a huge KU fan, and even having a son at K-State hasn't changed that. I am happy when any Kansas team does well; but I had to root for K-State tonight. If the Jayhawks had to lose, I'm glad it was to K-State. Michael Beasley is a great player, and my only concern is that he will leave after his freshman year and go pro. WAY TO GO CATS!