Skip to main content

The Countdown is On

The countdown is on. We leave Fri. evening to take Brandon to K-State. He is rooming with one of his best friends - Brady Randall. Brady's aunt & uncle live in Manhattan, and they are graciously opening up their home for us all to invade Friday night! That will make it easier for us to get to the dorms at a decent time Sat. morning and hopefully beat some of the crowd! We have spent the last week or so getting shopping done, not only for Brandon's move to college, but the start of school this Wednesday for the twins. I've been writing notes and making lists, and even dreaming (the last 2 nights) about this move to Manhattan for Brandon! Separation anxiety? You bet! Brandon and I have always been close, and this move is going to be hard. But he is SO ready for it! I asked him the other day if he was nervous, and he said "no way". Then I said he must really be ready for this next journey in his life, and he said "yes, I am!" So, I will let my baby fly! Perhaps the lyrics to this Michael W. Smith song says it best:

How To Say Goodbye

Tell me when the time we had slipped away
Tomorrow turned to yesterday
And I don't know how
Tell me what can stop this river of tears
It's been building up for years
For this moment now

Here I stand
Arms open wide
I've held you close
Kept you safe
‘Til you could fly

Tell me where the road ahead is gonna bend
And how to harness up the wind
And how to say goodbye

Tell me why
Why does following your dreams
Take you far away from me
And I knew that it would

Tell me how to feel the space you left behind
And how to laugh instead of cry
And how to say goodbye

Here I stand
Arms open wide
I've held you close
Kept you safe
‘Til you could fly

Tell me where the road ahead is gonna bend
And how to harness up the wind
And how to say goodbye

-- Michael W. Smith

So, that's pretty much how I'm feeling. Imagine how I will feel in two years when (and if) the twins both leave town for college! TRIPLE BOO HOO!

Kaleb is having one last "summer" get-together with his friends Sam and Andrew tonight. They are spending the night and being quite wild. They'll have to calm down soon as Corby will be heading to bed. He's asleep in the recliner right now!

Current book: The Quickie by James Patterson. Wild story. Anxious to see how it ends.

Current fav music: Amy Winehouse. Okay, this singer has a substance abuse problem and I hope she gets help because she's quite talented. The CD reminds me of 70's motown music (for the most part).

And now my quote, also in honor of Brandon's leaving for college (can you tell this is hard for me?): "The best memories are like beautiful pictures painted across our hearts forever." -- Unknown



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I-Pod Mania

I thought I'd do a post about all the artists I have on my Ipod. If you have no desire to know, STOP, READ NO FURTHER! I have a wide range of musical tastes, and this is only a partial list. There are also a lot of other artists out there that I want to add...maybe someday! Here goes: Air Supply, Alabama, Alison Krauss, Alter Bridge, Amy Grant, Amy Winehouse, Andy Gibb, The Anointed, Audio Adrenaline, Avalon, B.J. Thomas, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, Bad Company, Barbra Streisand, Barry Manilow, Bee Gees, Billy Dean, Billy Idol, Billy Ray Cyrus, Blake Shelton, Blessid Union of Souls, Blondie, Blue Oyster Cult, Bob Dylan, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Bonnie Raitt, Boston, Brad Paisley, Bread, Brooks & Dunn, Bruce Springsteen, Bryan Adams, Building 429, Caedmon's Call, Carly Simon, The Cars, Casting Crowns, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chris Tomlin, Cinderella, Clint Black, Collin Raye, The Commodores, Craig Morgan, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Cyndi Lauper, Damn Yankees, Dan Fogelberg, Dau

Fun times with Lenore

While Lenore and Daniel were here, she had a library book panel at the Johnson County Library in Overland Park. So, on Tuesday afternoon, November 27th, Lenore, her friend Rachelle and I took off for KC. We had a great time visiting on the way up and back, and I didn't get tired at all driving! We stopped for a quick bite to eat at Arby's and filled up with gas at QT before heading to the library. It was an interesting panel featuring Bethany Hagen, author of Landry Park, which comes out next year; Gennifer Albin, author of Crewel, which was released a few months ago; and Lenore, whose book will be released on January 15. Here's the panel: Me & Lenore: Lenore & Rachelle: Gennifer, Bethany and Lenore

K-STATE WINS!

K-STATE beat KU! AWESOME! It was a tense game. Corby is a huge KU fan, and even having a son at K-State hasn't changed that. I am happy when any Kansas team does well; but I had to root for K-State tonight. If the Jayhawks had to lose, I'm glad it was to K-State. Michael Beasley is a great player, and my only concern is that he will leave after his freshman year and go pro. WAY TO GO CATS!