Skip to main content

DILLONS!!!

Brandon got a job at Dillons in Manhattan today! He called me this morning to tell me they had called and set up an interview at 4:45 this afternoon (he had a 3:30 class). He needed his Social Security Card, which I had neglected to give him (I've always kept them so the kids wouldn't lose them). I came home at lunch, scanned it, and e-mailed it to him for proof; then took it back to work with me and "over-nighted" it to him! Anyway, he called me about 5:30 to tell me he got the job - as a stocker. He has to go to orientation at noon on Sunday, and then go in Monday at 8:30am for computer training. Needless to say, he won't be coming home this weekend, so we are going to go up for the day on Sunday. His orientation will only last an hour or so, and we'll find something to do while he is there. Brady's folks are going up to get him and bring him home for the weekend. Anyway, Brandon is very excited to get a job - he said he's been a bit bored. He was used to working 25-35 hours while in high school. He told them that he wants to work 20-25 hours a week. WAY TO GO SON!

Kaleb and Kaitlin are both off work today, so they helped Corby fix spaghetti and garlic bread for dinner. After dinner they ran up to Leeker's to rent a movie - BLADES OF GLORY. Not my type of movie, but Corby is watching it with them right now. I'm not a big Will Ferrell fan, I thought Talladega Nights was stupid!

Oh yeah, we almost ended up with another kitten last night! Our neighbors across the street came upon a tiny black kitten (I don't even think it was old enough to be weaned) in Wendy's parking lot. They brought it home, but they have two dogs - Harley - a big german shepherd mix, and Hollywood - a Lhasa Apso. They were going to take it to the Humane Society today, but the dogs wouldn't leave it alone. They know we like cats, so they brought it over here. Kaitlin fell in love with it, and begged us to let her keep it. Since we already have 3 cats, we told her NO!!! We did bring it inside, and fed it a bit of milk through an eye-dropper. We put it in a pet carrier in the laundry room - where Muffin was very intrigued but scared of her. Corby & Kaitlin planned on taking it to the Humane Society today; but the neighbor came back over about an hour later and asked if we were going to keep it. The neighbor next to him said his daughter would take it if we didn't want it - so we gladly gave it to them. At least this poor little kitten found a home. I hope it survives, as it was so tiny and weak.

Today's music - some old Richard Marx - his greatest hits. He's written some wonderful songs over the years, and continues to write and produce for other artists today. My favorite song of his is "Right There Waiting"...

Today's quote: "You will find, as you look back upon your life, that the moments when you have really lived are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of love." -- Henry Drummond

Comments

Chris said…
Linda, I love your blog! I like hearing about what you're reading (you're much faster at reading your lists of books than I am!) and the quotes are so good. So happy Brandon got a job in Manhattan. He's gonna do great -- in school and in life!

Popular posts from this blog

I-Pod Mania

I thought I'd do a post about all the artists I have on my Ipod. If you have no desire to know, STOP, READ NO FURTHER! I have a wide range of musical tastes, and this is only a partial list. There are also a lot of other artists out there that I want to add...maybe someday! Here goes: Air Supply, Alabama, Alison Krauss, Alter Bridge, Amy Grant, Amy Winehouse, Andy Gibb, The Anointed, Audio Adrenaline, Avalon, B.J. Thomas, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, Bad Company, Barbra Streisand, Barry Manilow, Bee Gees, Billy Dean, Billy Idol, Billy Ray Cyrus, Blake Shelton, Blessid Union of Souls, Blondie, Blue Oyster Cult, Bob Dylan, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Bonnie Raitt, Boston, Brad Paisley, Bread, Brooks & Dunn, Bruce Springsteen, Bryan Adams, Building 429, Caedmon's Call, Carly Simon, The Cars, Casting Crowns, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chris Tomlin, Cinderella, Clint Black, Collin Raye, The Commodores, Craig Morgan, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Cyndi Lauper, Damn Yankees, Dan Fogelberg, Dau

K-STATE WINS!

K-STATE beat KU! AWESOME! It was a tense game. Corby is a huge KU fan, and even having a son at K-State hasn't changed that. I am happy when any Kansas team does well; but I had to root for K-State tonight. If the Jayhawks had to lose, I'm glad it was to K-State. Michael Beasley is a great player, and my only concern is that he will leave after his freshman year and go pro. WAY TO GO CATS!

Fun times with Lenore

While Lenore and Daniel were here, she had a library book panel at the Johnson County Library in Overland Park. So, on Tuesday afternoon, November 27th, Lenore, her friend Rachelle and I took off for KC. We had a great time visiting on the way up and back, and I didn't get tired at all driving! We stopped for a quick bite to eat at Arby's and filled up with gas at QT before heading to the library. It was an interesting panel featuring Bethany Hagen, author of Landry Park, which comes out next year; Gennifer Albin, author of Crewel, which was released a few months ago; and Lenore, whose book will be released on January 15. Here's the panel: Me & Lenore: Lenore & Rachelle: Gennifer, Bethany and Lenore