Skip to main content

State Fair Again!

We went to the fair again on Thursday with my brother and sister-in-law, Mike & Diana. They had extra tickets to the Sawyer Brown concert that they shared with us. Ryan, Diana's son and Kaitlin went with us. We had a great time. It was a bit warm, but not too bad. Here's Kaitlin with her ice cream cone before the concert.
Here's the group of us (minus me, the picture taker) heading into the fair. That's Mike, Diana, Ryan, Kaitlin and Corby. Not sure what Corby was doing, being silly I guess!
And here's Sawyer Brown. Mark Miller, the lead singer, moves around so much, it's hard to get a good picture of him!
They've been together 26 years. I knew it had been a long time, and they won Star Search back in 1983. Bucky Covington was their special guest. He did not open the show, but rather played 4 songs in the middle of SB's act. The band has taken Bucky under their wings, and Mark Miller produced his album. I couldn't get a decent picture of him.

Corby and the twins headed to Fall River yesterday for a weekend camping trip. It sprinkled a bit here before they left, but the forecast looked a bit promising, as there was only a 30% chance of rain. Well, needless to say, it poured on them as they were headed there, and didn't let up much after they got there, so they turned around and came home about 3pm. Darn it, I was looking forward to a quiet weekend. LOL! Actually, I had planned on going out to dinner with my best friend, but wasn't feeling good, so we cancelled.

Been off and running today. Went to Walmart, my least favorite place to shop. But sometimes, you just have to go there! Kaleb needed some work jeans, and I also picked up some clearance jean shorts for him. Kaitlin found a KU t-shirt she had to have. We picked up the necessities, like cat litter, cat food, etc. We also stopped by Verizon, as Kaitlin wants a new phone. We just got the twins phones about 6 months ago, and were able to get free ones for them. Of course, now she wants something fancier. Unfortunately, until our 2 year service plan is up, she has to pay full retail price for a phone. The one she wants retails for $400!!! Can you believe it? After 1 year, she can get a 25% discount. I told her to wait. Not only will she save 25%, but maybe the price of the phone will drop. Heck, in 6 months there will be something "cooler" out anyway! We've also been to Dollar Store and Leeker's today. I think I'm done running around. Now it's time to stay home and do laundry.

But the best thing of all is -- TA DA -- I AM ON VACATION UNTIL THURSDAY! Yippee!!!! I don't have anything major planned, other than organizing the office area of the basement, taking mom to a doctor's appointment, and gathering items for a garage sale. Park City's "city-wide" sale is Sat., Sept. 29th! Ya'all come on out and see us!

Finally finished the Joseph Finder book "Power Play" last night. Have already started "Bind, Torture, Kill - The Inside Story of the Serial Killer Next Door" - about BTK. This book was written by four reporters from the Eagle: Roy Wenzl, Tim Potter, L. Kelly and Hurst Laviana.

Current music: Kaitlin and I have been listening to a lot of Rascal Flatts, in anticipation of their new album which comes out on Tues. 9/25.

And today's quote is:
"It's not too late...the angel said.
Even though the world's a mess...
Even though you're not as young...
Even though you've made mistakes and have been afraid
It's not too late...
And then I saw the world through the angel's eyes...
I saw the colors I could paint
The bridges I could build
The lives that I could touch
The dreams that could still come true
And it became very clear to me...
That it's not too late."
-- Ron Atchison

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I-Pod Mania

I thought I'd do a post about all the artists I have on my Ipod. If you have no desire to know, STOP, READ NO FURTHER! I have a wide range of musical tastes, and this is only a partial list. There are also a lot of other artists out there that I want to add...maybe someday! Here goes: Air Supply, Alabama, Alison Krauss, Alter Bridge, Amy Grant, Amy Winehouse, Andy Gibb, The Anointed, Audio Adrenaline, Avalon, B.J. Thomas, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, Bad Company, Barbra Streisand, Barry Manilow, Bee Gees, Billy Dean, Billy Idol, Billy Ray Cyrus, Blake Shelton, Blessid Union of Souls, Blondie, Blue Oyster Cult, Bob Dylan, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Bonnie Raitt, Boston, Brad Paisley, Bread, Brooks & Dunn, Bruce Springsteen, Bryan Adams, Building 429, Caedmon's Call, Carly Simon, The Cars, Casting Crowns, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chris Tomlin, Cinderella, Clint Black, Collin Raye, The Commodores, Craig Morgan, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Cyndi Lauper, Damn Yankees, Dan Fogelberg, Dau

Fun times with Lenore

While Lenore and Daniel were here, she had a library book panel at the Johnson County Library in Overland Park. So, on Tuesday afternoon, November 27th, Lenore, her friend Rachelle and I took off for KC. We had a great time visiting on the way up and back, and I didn't get tired at all driving! We stopped for a quick bite to eat at Arby's and filled up with gas at QT before heading to the library. It was an interesting panel featuring Bethany Hagen, author of Landry Park, which comes out next year; Gennifer Albin, author of Crewel, which was released a few months ago; and Lenore, whose book will be released on January 15. Here's the panel: Me & Lenore: Lenore & Rachelle: Gennifer, Bethany and Lenore

VACATION

On vacation for a few days (return to work on Thursday)...here's where I wish I was... I plan on enjoying some peace and quiet...and possibly, if I get motivated, getting some cleaning and organizing done in the office area of the basement. We'll see if that motivation arrives (it's not here yet)... Good news for Park City residents...recycling came to town the first of January. We are charged $4.00 month (added onto our already high water bill); but it has lowered the price of our trash pickup. The company P.C. contracted with has a much lower price than the company we use. Our company matched the price, so our trash bills went down (considerably) AND we get to recycle. We can recycle almost all our plastics, newspapers, cardboard, aluminum cans, cereal boxes, glass, motor oil, etc. We've got two big bags to set out tomorrow. Just doin' our part for the environment. We are without hot water right now...our hot water heater needs a new thermo-couple? It's a fair