Skip to main content

Ice Cream Kitty

Kaitlin's one year old cat, Muffin (or Muffy as we've taken to calling her), LOVES ice cream. What cat doesn't? Corby got some ice cream tonight, and Muffin sat on his lap while he was eating. She kept pawing at the bowl. Of course, she knows he always lets her lick the bowl, so she was waiting for her turn. She finally got her chance...My friend, Chris and I went shopping on our (extended) lunch hour today. We were buying items for a themed basket we are raffling off to raise money for United Way. Our group's theme is KITCHEN items. I intended to take some pictures of us shopping, but I guess our hands were too full, or we were just having to much fun to remember I had a camera with me. I'll take a picture of our finished, shrink-wrapped basket on Monday and post it then. Hopefully the basket will turn out nice. Our items include a crock pot, George Forman grill, kitchen towel set, gift card and some other goodies from Williams Sonoma, cookbooks and a Longaberger basket. I have so many baskets, I decided to donate one. Hopefully we'll raise a lot of money for United Way.

Corby and I grabbed dinner at Pizza Hut's Italian Bistro tonight. The service sucked, but the food was good.

My current book is SUMMER by Karen Kingsbury. She writes wonderful Christian novels, and this is book 2 in her Sunrise Series. Great reading!

And our October 19 quote (fitting for a Kansan) is: "Anyone can love the mountains...but it takes a soul to love the prairie." -- Author Unknown

Comments

Country Girl said…
LOVE the quote!! I just may have to steal it. :)

It's funny to watch Shawn eat ice cream... because the dogs surround him... waiting... they enjoy pudding too. And every time I buy one of the two with chocolate... I get the lecture "Honey, the dogs can't eat chocolate." Well... you know, sometimes I have to have cookies 'n cream.
Linda said…
yeah, we have to watch the chocolate thing too. This actually was cookies n cream, but he ate all the cookie part out of it first!

Popular posts from this blog

I-Pod Mania

I thought I'd do a post about all the artists I have on my Ipod. If you have no desire to know, STOP, READ NO FURTHER! I have a wide range of musical tastes, and this is only a partial list. There are also a lot of other artists out there that I want to add...maybe someday! Here goes: Air Supply, Alabama, Alison Krauss, Alter Bridge, Amy Grant, Amy Winehouse, Andy Gibb, The Anointed, Audio Adrenaline, Avalon, B.J. Thomas, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, Bad Company, Barbra Streisand, Barry Manilow, Bee Gees, Billy Dean, Billy Idol, Billy Ray Cyrus, Blake Shelton, Blessid Union of Souls, Blondie, Blue Oyster Cult, Bob Dylan, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Bonnie Raitt, Boston, Brad Paisley, Bread, Brooks & Dunn, Bruce Springsteen, Bryan Adams, Building 429, Caedmon's Call, Carly Simon, The Cars, Casting Crowns, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chris Tomlin, Cinderella, Clint Black, Collin Raye, The Commodores, Craig Morgan, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Cyndi Lauper, Damn Yankees, Dan Fogelberg, Dau

VACATION

On vacation for a few days (return to work on Thursday)...here's where I wish I was... I plan on enjoying some peace and quiet...and possibly, if I get motivated, getting some cleaning and organizing done in the office area of the basement. We'll see if that motivation arrives (it's not here yet)... Good news for Park City residents...recycling came to town the first of January. We are charged $4.00 month (added onto our already high water bill); but it has lowered the price of our trash pickup. The company P.C. contracted with has a much lower price than the company we use. Our company matched the price, so our trash bills went down (considerably) AND we get to recycle. We can recycle almost all our plastics, newspapers, cardboard, aluminum cans, cereal boxes, glass, motor oil, etc. We've got two big bags to set out tomorrow. Just doin' our part for the environment. We are without hot water right now...our hot water heater needs a new thermo-couple? It's a fair

Fun times with Lenore

While Lenore and Daniel were here, she had a library book panel at the Johnson County Library in Overland Park. So, on Tuesday afternoon, November 27th, Lenore, her friend Rachelle and I took off for KC. We had a great time visiting on the way up and back, and I didn't get tired at all driving! We stopped for a quick bite to eat at Arby's and filled up with gas at QT before heading to the library. It was an interesting panel featuring Bethany Hagen, author of Landry Park, which comes out next year; Gennifer Albin, author of Crewel, which was released a few months ago; and Lenore, whose book will be released on January 15. Here's the panel: Me & Lenore: Lenore & Rachelle: Gennifer, Bethany and Lenore