Skip to main content

Darn - no Alvin!

We went to Warren East tonight to see Alvin & The Chipmunks, the first time we've all been out to a movie in a long time. We even got there about 50 minutes before showtime - however IT WAS SOLD OUT! They told us that movie had sold out every showing today. Since we couldn't agree on any other movie - Corby and the boys and I would have liked to seen National Treasure, but Kaitlin adamantly refused to - we decided to go out to eat instead. (By the way, those of you with young daughters, get prepared for the teenage years - they turn moody, crabby, hormonal, etc.) Anyway, I had eaten at Cheddar's several times with friends, but Corby and the kids had never been there. After about a 40 minute wait, we were finally seated. We had a wonderful dinner, and the best part is - I will be reimbursed $30! The kids' boss at Leeker's gave them each a coupon for a $15 meal for Christmas. They just have to take him the receipt and he'll give them (and in this case, ME!) the money.

Corby was fighting a terrible headache, so we came home and relaxed. We are supposed to go out tomorrow night for our anniversary, but those plans may be put on hold since we ate out tonight. Gotta watch those pennies you know!

By the way, the reason Kaitlin started out crabby this evening is because I was picking on her. I admit it! She has two guy friends that she used to work with at Wendy's. They text message each other all the time. Her phone kept going off with text messages. These guys names are Snappy and Dustin. I can never remember their names, so I called them Ducky and Dorky, Happy and Doc, Bonnie and Clyde, etc. She didn't get the humor. I'm either not as funny as I think I am, or she is way into this teenager thing!

I haven't kept everyone up-to-date on my books lately. I am reading DIRTY BLONDE by Lisa Scottoline. So far, it's pretty good. She's an author I've heard good things about, but I'd never taken time to read any of her books.

Today's music - my IPOD is on shuffle - hearing some Lynyrd Skynyrd, Switchfoot, Trisha Yearwood, Michael W. Smith, MercyMe, Enya, Styx, Josh Groban, Tori Amos...

Comments

Heather rules said…
I'm so glad I have a boy. The only kid I'm ever having. THANK YOU! I always said if I ever had a girl and she was anything like I was growing up, I'd just die!!! I was HORRIBLE! Happy Anniversary!!! I hope you and Corby have a great one. Have Corby cook for you. It would probably be better than any meal you could get by going out (and cheaper).
Heather rules said…
We are going to see Charlie Wilsons War tonight. I'll let ya know how it was. I kinda feel like you can't go wrong with Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts. We shall see.
Linda said…
Let me know what you think about Charlie Wilson's War. I agree about Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts! Brandon wants to go see it - but just left to go see Sweeney Todd with a friend and his family.
Heather rules said…
It was really good.
I heard Sweeney Todd was VERY bloody. I guess I could get past that for a glimpse of Johnny Depp. ;o)
Linda said…
Brandon texted me after he got out of Sweeney Todd last night and said it was the BEST musical he'd ever seen!
Chris said…
Blood, gore AND Johnny Depp? Sounds like the perfect movie!

Popular posts from this blog

I-Pod Mania

I thought I'd do a post about all the artists I have on my Ipod. If you have no desire to know, STOP, READ NO FURTHER! I have a wide range of musical tastes, and this is only a partial list. There are also a lot of other artists out there that I want to add...maybe someday! Here goes: Air Supply, Alabama, Alison Krauss, Alter Bridge, Amy Grant, Amy Winehouse, Andy Gibb, The Anointed, Audio Adrenaline, Avalon, B.J. Thomas, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, Bad Company, Barbra Streisand, Barry Manilow, Bee Gees, Billy Dean, Billy Idol, Billy Ray Cyrus, Blake Shelton, Blessid Union of Souls, Blondie, Blue Oyster Cult, Bob Dylan, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Bonnie Raitt, Boston, Brad Paisley, Bread, Brooks & Dunn, Bruce Springsteen, Bryan Adams, Building 429, Caedmon's Call, Carly Simon, The Cars, Casting Crowns, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chris Tomlin, Cinderella, Clint Black, Collin Raye, The Commodores, Craig Morgan, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Cyndi Lauper, Damn Yankees, Dan Fogelberg, Dau

Fun times with Lenore

While Lenore and Daniel were here, she had a library book panel at the Johnson County Library in Overland Park. So, on Tuesday afternoon, November 27th, Lenore, her friend Rachelle and I took off for KC. We had a great time visiting on the way up and back, and I didn't get tired at all driving! We stopped for a quick bite to eat at Arby's and filled up with gas at QT before heading to the library. It was an interesting panel featuring Bethany Hagen, author of Landry Park, which comes out next year; Gennifer Albin, author of Crewel, which was released a few months ago; and Lenore, whose book will be released on January 15. Here's the panel: Me & Lenore: Lenore & Rachelle: Gennifer, Bethany and Lenore

K-STATE WINS!

K-STATE beat KU! AWESOME! It was a tense game. Corby is a huge KU fan, and even having a son at K-State hasn't changed that. I am happy when any Kansas team does well; but I had to root for K-State tonight. If the Jayhawks had to lose, I'm glad it was to K-State. Michael Beasley is a great player, and my only concern is that he will leave after his freshman year and go pro. WAY TO GO CATS!