Skip to main content

Beautiful, but Windy Saturday!

We had a typical busy Saturday. Corby worked this morning, and then spent the afternoon with the neighbor tearing down the south fence and putting new posts in.They will hopefully get the new boards put up tomorrow, but with the forecast for thunderstorms, who knows. For now, our neighbor's dog, Sadie, who is part Irish Setter-part red lab, is sharing the yard with Cinnamon. They also have two Lhasa Apso's - Oreo and Missy, who are in the yard every now and then, but they are mostly house dogs, so the big dogs don't have to mess with them. If they don't get the fence up tomorrow, they'll be sharing the yard until next weekend. At least the dogs get along!

The boys spent the day with me. Kaitlin had to work 12-8. We went to my mom's, where we saw my brother and his miniature Schnauzer, Silke. They were visiting mom after a vet's appointment. We took mom up to St. Francis to see Rhonda, who is doing better. They are hoping to release her to a rehab facility early next week. Rehab will help her get her strength back so she can take care of herself, since she lives alone. We took mom to McDonald's for lunch, since she missed lunch at Presbyterian Manor. McDonald's is not our favorite place, but there is a new one at 13th & West, and it's close to PM. Mom enjoyed her fish sandwich and her diet Coke. We shared some fries. After we took mom home, the boys and I went to Dillons and picked up their bargains. Brandon also got his ticket for the head-banging concert at the Cotillion tonight. We took those groceries home, and then Brandon and I went and did our Leeker's shopping. They were swamped, I guess because the weather was so nice!

Here's a picture of our scruffy college student.And here's a picture of Mr. Beautiful Eyes Kaleb.I still need to get a picture of Kaitlin with her new glasses and hair color. Maybe I'll try when she gets home from work soon.

I am so proud of my kids. They are so good with my mom. The boys were so helpful with her today, loading her walker into the trunk, taking her hand and helping her walk, etc. My kids are sure not perfect, but they are really good kids. We are SO lucky!

Listening to some songs on the computer - they are shuffled, so I'm listening to Kelly Clarkson, Snow Patrol, The Mama's and Papa's, Melissa Etheridge, Styx, etc.

Getting ready to watch the K-State / KU game. Ought to be interesting since I'll be rooting for K-State and Corby will be rooting for KU. I think I'll have another margarita - HA!

And today's quote is for all mothers out there: "A mother is she who can take the place of all others, but whose place no one else can take." -- Cardinal Mermillod

Comments

Chris said…
Well, sorry Linda, but KU beat the pants off Michael Beasley and the Wildcats tonight!
Linda said…
yep, had a feeling that was going to happen. I sure wasn't too surprised!
Anonymous said…
yeah KU!!

Popular posts from this blog

I-Pod Mania

I thought I'd do a post about all the artists I have on my Ipod. If you have no desire to know, STOP, READ NO FURTHER! I have a wide range of musical tastes, and this is only a partial list. There are also a lot of other artists out there that I want to add...maybe someday! Here goes: Air Supply, Alabama, Alison Krauss, Alter Bridge, Amy Grant, Amy Winehouse, Andy Gibb, The Anointed, Audio Adrenaline, Avalon, B.J. Thomas, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, Bad Company, Barbra Streisand, Barry Manilow, Bee Gees, Billy Dean, Billy Idol, Billy Ray Cyrus, Blake Shelton, Blessid Union of Souls, Blondie, Blue Oyster Cult, Bob Dylan, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Bonnie Raitt, Boston, Brad Paisley, Bread, Brooks & Dunn, Bruce Springsteen, Bryan Adams, Building 429, Caedmon's Call, Carly Simon, The Cars, Casting Crowns, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chris Tomlin, Cinderella, Clint Black, Collin Raye, The Commodores, Craig Morgan, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Cyndi Lauper, Damn Yankees, Dan Fogelberg, Dau

VACATION

On vacation for a few days (return to work on Thursday)...here's where I wish I was... I plan on enjoying some peace and quiet...and possibly, if I get motivated, getting some cleaning and organizing done in the office area of the basement. We'll see if that motivation arrives (it's not here yet)... Good news for Park City residents...recycling came to town the first of January. We are charged $4.00 month (added onto our already high water bill); but it has lowered the price of our trash pickup. The company P.C. contracted with has a much lower price than the company we use. Our company matched the price, so our trash bills went down (considerably) AND we get to recycle. We can recycle almost all our plastics, newspapers, cardboard, aluminum cans, cereal boxes, glass, motor oil, etc. We've got two big bags to set out tomorrow. Just doin' our part for the environment. We are without hot water right now...our hot water heater needs a new thermo-couple? It's a fair

Fun times with Lenore

While Lenore and Daniel were here, she had a library book panel at the Johnson County Library in Overland Park. So, on Tuesday afternoon, November 27th, Lenore, her friend Rachelle and I took off for KC. We had a great time visiting on the way up and back, and I didn't get tired at all driving! We stopped for a quick bite to eat at Arby's and filled up with gas at QT before heading to the library. It was an interesting panel featuring Bethany Hagen, author of Landry Park, which comes out next year; Gennifer Albin, author of Crewel, which was released a few months ago; and Lenore, whose book will be released on January 15. Here's the panel: Me & Lenore: Lenore & Rachelle: Gennifer, Bethany and Lenore