Skip to main content

Keith Rocks!

One might ask why I am posting at midnight. There's no way I can go to bed yet. We just got home from the Keith Urban concert. (No this isn't a picture I took!) Oh my gosh, that boy can play the guitar! Oh my gosh, that boy is hot! Oh my gosh, that boy puts on an AWESOME concert! (I know he's 39, but that's a boy to me!)

Here's the ticket stub to prove I went. It also shows we sat in row FF - which is the very top row at the Coliseum. Yes, the nosebleed section! Believe me, next time Keith comes to town I will be buying tickets the first day, and not several weeks after they go on sale.

Keith did all of his hits, played killer guitar, wandered into the crowd (I wasn't sure he'd make it back out) and kicked ass! Has to be one of the best concerts I've ever been to - and that says a lot! You know how some folks don't sound the same in concert as they do on their CD's? I have to say that Keith does - maybe even better! There was one other singer that I thought was better in concert than his albums - John Denver. He was good on his albums, but had a much stronger voice in concert. I digress...ahhhh, just had "I Told You So" running through my head. I have a feeling it's going to be a long night. It's a good thing I don't have to go to work until 10. It's my Friday to paginate classified.

I guess I should mention the opening act. I know there are a lot of Carrie Underwood fans out there. I have to say, she does have a great voice. BUT, I just don't think she has stage presence! There's just no "oomph" there. Maybe others see it, I just don't. Her hour was about 45 minutes too long for me. Sorry fans!

Think I'll go read for awhile. Or maybe listen to some Keith on my I-pod. Happy trails!

Comments

jenny said…
linda i am so jealous! sounds like an amazing time. wish i would have bit the bullet and bought some tickets now!!! thanks for the recap.
Linda said…
It was a bit expensive, especially considering Garth tickets were $28, but I have to admit it was worth it. He played for just over 2 hours and has some powerful songs! Loved it!
Heather rules said…
Glad you had a great time. He is really nice to look at. Just don't look at any pictures of him in his younger days, cuz it would totally ruin it for you. He's yummy and that tattoo on his arm is HOT!
Jennifer Lynne said…
I agree. Great Concert! I'm so glad I got to go. He was amazing. ;-) I'll try to get pics developed next week.
Country Girl said…
my friend gretchen saw him in kc the night before he was here in wichita. oh yeah -- she BEYOND enjoyed the show. said she was wanting to skip work and drive to wichita - just so she could see him again! :) and you are right on his guitar playin'... shawn and i saw him back in '03 i think it was - when he was here with kenny chesney. good show! and that t-bird tattoo on his forearm... ME-YOW!

Popular posts from this blog

I-Pod Mania

I thought I'd do a post about all the artists I have on my Ipod. If you have no desire to know, STOP, READ NO FURTHER! I have a wide range of musical tastes, and this is only a partial list. There are also a lot of other artists out there that I want to add...maybe someday! Here goes: Air Supply, Alabama, Alison Krauss, Alter Bridge, Amy Grant, Amy Winehouse, Andy Gibb, The Anointed, Audio Adrenaline, Avalon, B.J. Thomas, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, Bad Company, Barbra Streisand, Barry Manilow, Bee Gees, Billy Dean, Billy Idol, Billy Ray Cyrus, Blake Shelton, Blessid Union of Souls, Blondie, Blue Oyster Cult, Bob Dylan, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Bonnie Raitt, Boston, Brad Paisley, Bread, Brooks & Dunn, Bruce Springsteen, Bryan Adams, Building 429, Caedmon's Call, Carly Simon, The Cars, Casting Crowns, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chris Tomlin, Cinderella, Clint Black, Collin Raye, The Commodores, Craig Morgan, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Cyndi Lauper, Damn Yankees, Dan Fogelberg, Dau

Fun times with Lenore

While Lenore and Daniel were here, she had a library book panel at the Johnson County Library in Overland Park. So, on Tuesday afternoon, November 27th, Lenore, her friend Rachelle and I took off for KC. We had a great time visiting on the way up and back, and I didn't get tired at all driving! We stopped for a quick bite to eat at Arby's and filled up with gas at QT before heading to the library. It was an interesting panel featuring Bethany Hagen, author of Landry Park, which comes out next year; Gennifer Albin, author of Crewel, which was released a few months ago; and Lenore, whose book will be released on January 15. Here's the panel: Me & Lenore: Lenore & Rachelle: Gennifer, Bethany and Lenore

K-STATE WINS!

K-STATE beat KU! AWESOME! It was a tense game. Corby is a huge KU fan, and even having a son at K-State hasn't changed that. I am happy when any Kansas team does well; but I had to root for K-State tonight. If the Jayhawks had to lose, I'm glad it was to K-State. Michael Beasley is a great player, and my only concern is that he will leave after his freshman year and go pro. WAY TO GO CATS!