Skip to main content

SUMO FRIDAY!

I went to a surprise birthday get-together at Sumo Japanese Grill last night for a good friend of mine. Vickie is not only celebrating her birthday this coming Wednesday, but Monday is her last day working at the Eagle. She is off to greener pastures starting Tuesday morning. I wish her the best, but am certainly going to miss her! Here's a pic of Darci, who planned the evening, and Vickie.We started the evening off in the bar. Some wild concoctions were imbibed. I stuck with my trusty margarita, which by the way was delicious! Okay, maybe I had more than one. That's all I'll say.Here's a pic of Robyn, Jaci and Becky. I think they are enjoying their drinks also.Hope and Vickie are excited about ordering.
Our waitressOur cook did a great job. How about their garlic fried rice? Oh my gosh, it's DE-LISH! He was quite a showman. Had to set the veggies on fire twice because I wasn't ready with my camera the first time!Top: Robyn, Vickie, Jaci, Darci and Becky.

Bottom: Jaci, Candi, Becky and Hope. Hope was the life of the party at this point! I think you can tell we were all having a great time!
I had never been to Sumo, and I must say I was very impressed. The ambience was great and the food was wonderful! I had the petite filet mignon and garlic fried rice. I think Corby and I will be heading out there soon. It's a little pricey to take the kids to, so it will have to be a date night for just the two of us.

Some of the girls kept the party going by heading somewhere else, but this old lady went home. That's okay, Brandon got back from K-State yesterday afternoon, so I wanted to see him anyway!

(by the way, some pictures have not been posted to protect the not-so-innocent!)
(your secrets are safe with me!)
(oh, and I expect the same in return!)

Comments

Jennifer Lacy said…
oh that is soooooooo wrong! Sumo is MY favorite place! and you were there with some of my favorite people! so sad. I didn't know Vickie was leaving - i must now be officially out of the loop!
Glad you had a good time!
Heather rules said…
Look at Linda double fisting it!!! Out of control. I love it. Glad you had a good time. We all need that every once in awhile.
I have not been to Sumo yet. I want to try their garlic fried rice SOOOOO bad!
jenny said…
looks like you all had a great time! and with hope present how could you not?! it is hard to beat sumo. so happy for vickie - i wish her all the best!

Popular posts from this blog

I-Pod Mania

I thought I'd do a post about all the artists I have on my Ipod. If you have no desire to know, STOP, READ NO FURTHER! I have a wide range of musical tastes, and this is only a partial list. There are also a lot of other artists out there that I want to add...maybe someday! Here goes: Air Supply, Alabama, Alison Krauss, Alter Bridge, Amy Grant, Amy Winehouse, Andy Gibb, The Anointed, Audio Adrenaline, Avalon, B.J. Thomas, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, Bad Company, Barbra Streisand, Barry Manilow, Bee Gees, Billy Dean, Billy Idol, Billy Ray Cyrus, Blake Shelton, Blessid Union of Souls, Blondie, Blue Oyster Cult, Bob Dylan, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Bonnie Raitt, Boston, Brad Paisley, Bread, Brooks & Dunn, Bruce Springsteen, Bryan Adams, Building 429, Caedmon's Call, Carly Simon, The Cars, Casting Crowns, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chris Tomlin, Cinderella, Clint Black, Collin Raye, The Commodores, Craig Morgan, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Cyndi Lauper, Damn Yankees, Dan Fogelberg, Dau

VACATION

On vacation for a few days (return to work on Thursday)...here's where I wish I was... I plan on enjoying some peace and quiet...and possibly, if I get motivated, getting some cleaning and organizing done in the office area of the basement. We'll see if that motivation arrives (it's not here yet)... Good news for Park City residents...recycling came to town the first of January. We are charged $4.00 month (added onto our already high water bill); but it has lowered the price of our trash pickup. The company P.C. contracted with has a much lower price than the company we use. Our company matched the price, so our trash bills went down (considerably) AND we get to recycle. We can recycle almost all our plastics, newspapers, cardboard, aluminum cans, cereal boxes, glass, motor oil, etc. We've got two big bags to set out tomorrow. Just doin' our part for the environment. We are without hot water right now...our hot water heater needs a new thermo-couple? It's a fair

Fun times with Lenore

While Lenore and Daniel were here, she had a library book panel at the Johnson County Library in Overland Park. So, on Tuesday afternoon, November 27th, Lenore, her friend Rachelle and I took off for KC. We had a great time visiting on the way up and back, and I didn't get tired at all driving! We stopped for a quick bite to eat at Arby's and filled up with gas at QT before heading to the library. It was an interesting panel featuring Bethany Hagen, author of Landry Park, which comes out next year; Gennifer Albin, author of Crewel, which was released a few months ago; and Lenore, whose book will be released on January 15. Here's the panel: Me & Lenore: Lenore & Rachelle: Gennifer, Bethany and Lenore