Skip to main content

Great Trip to Manhattan!

We had a great time today! Left town about 8:45. Let's say we had a fun-filled drive to Manhattan. We got an eyeful of cows "doing it" in a field right by the highway! We all laughed our heads off. I've seen animals getting it on at the zoo, but never cows! Kaitlin and Kaleb cracked us up - and we made quite a few jokes the rest of the way to Manhattan. When your kids are little you ignore stuff like this, but with teenagers, it becomes quite an interesting conversation! After stopping at the dorm to see the boys room (it really wasn't too awful messy), we finally hit the Manhattan mall - for the first time. Pretty tiny and not too interesting. Kaitlin and I of course made our usual stop at Bath and Body Works. Wherever we see one, we stop and buy. We grabbed a pretzel for a quick snack since we knew we were taking the boys out to dinner before we left. The boys stopped at Best Buy to pick up Brady's TV (which had been repaired) while Corby, Kaitlin and I went to Staples. I see their commercials on TV all the time, but had never been to one. Kaitlin and I are "pen" freaks - gotta have our cool pens. We love office supply stores. They're basically just like Office Max and Office Depot. The boys met up with us there and we went to Hasting's, a book and music store. Can you believe I didn't buy ANY books? It was hard, but we're trying to save money for a couple of short trips in June (KC and Dallas). Anyway, after our shopping, we drove up to Tuttle Creek State Park. It's so beautiful and peaceful up there. We checked out the observation point, and then hiked around a bit. Corby and the kids want to go camping and fishing up there this summer. (I don't camp!). It was a beautiful afternoon! We went to Famous Dave's for dinner. Had a great waitress and great food. Yum. Check out this picture of the kids by the "WELCOME" bear at the door. (That's Brady - Brandon's roommate and our 4th kid - in the striped shirt). As usual, Kaleb was being a goofball. Apparently there is some reference to the movie Borat in his pose, but I never saw the movie, so I have no clue. It rained on us all the way home. In only 3 shorts weeks we'll be headed back to Manhattan to bring Brandon home for the summer. YIPPEE! I still miss my baby!

Before we left this morning I took of picture of Kaitlin's new haircut! She's been wanting to go shorter, and finally went and did it yesterday. I really like it!

Comments

Jennifer Lacy said…
sounds likea a great trip - they just grow up so fast don't they? Kaitlin's cut is so cute!
Country Girl said…
hello - my name is cowgirl, and i'm a penaholic. i LOVE pens!! :)
cows doin' it in the pasture... fun fun. also exciting is a trip to the zoo with three 13 year old boys while the cheetah's are gettin' it on. goodness.
i LOVE kaitlin's new haircut - and the glasses are super hip too!!
and hey... you know where to go to buy all your fishing supplies don't ya?? ;)
Linda said…
Give me directions cowgirl!
Rockyn Robyn said…
I cannot believe my eyes. Your kids are GROWNUPS! Geez.....I too, Cowgirl, am a pen freak.

Popular posts from this blog

I-Pod Mania

I thought I'd do a post about all the artists I have on my Ipod. If you have no desire to know, STOP, READ NO FURTHER! I have a wide range of musical tastes, and this is only a partial list. There are also a lot of other artists out there that I want to add...maybe someday! Here goes: Air Supply, Alabama, Alison Krauss, Alter Bridge, Amy Grant, Amy Winehouse, Andy Gibb, The Anointed, Audio Adrenaline, Avalon, B.J. Thomas, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, Bad Company, Barbra Streisand, Barry Manilow, Bee Gees, Billy Dean, Billy Idol, Billy Ray Cyrus, Blake Shelton, Blessid Union of Souls, Blondie, Blue Oyster Cult, Bob Dylan, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Bonnie Raitt, Boston, Brad Paisley, Bread, Brooks & Dunn, Bruce Springsteen, Bryan Adams, Building 429, Caedmon's Call, Carly Simon, The Cars, Casting Crowns, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chris Tomlin, Cinderella, Clint Black, Collin Raye, The Commodores, Craig Morgan, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Cyndi Lauper, Damn Yankees, Dan Fogelberg, Dau

VACATION

On vacation for a few days (return to work on Thursday)...here's where I wish I was... I plan on enjoying some peace and quiet...and possibly, if I get motivated, getting some cleaning and organizing done in the office area of the basement. We'll see if that motivation arrives (it's not here yet)... Good news for Park City residents...recycling came to town the first of January. We are charged $4.00 month (added onto our already high water bill); but it has lowered the price of our trash pickup. The company P.C. contracted with has a much lower price than the company we use. Our company matched the price, so our trash bills went down (considerably) AND we get to recycle. We can recycle almost all our plastics, newspapers, cardboard, aluminum cans, cereal boxes, glass, motor oil, etc. We've got two big bags to set out tomorrow. Just doin' our part for the environment. We are without hot water right now...our hot water heater needs a new thermo-couple? It's a fair

Fun times with Lenore

While Lenore and Daniel were here, she had a library book panel at the Johnson County Library in Overland Park. So, on Tuesday afternoon, November 27th, Lenore, her friend Rachelle and I took off for KC. We had a great time visiting on the way up and back, and I didn't get tired at all driving! We stopped for a quick bite to eat at Arby's and filled up with gas at QT before heading to the library. It was an interesting panel featuring Bethany Hagen, author of Landry Park, which comes out next year; Gennifer Albin, author of Crewel, which was released a few months ago; and Lenore, whose book will be released on January 15. Here's the panel: Me & Lenore: Lenore & Rachelle: Gennifer, Bethany and Lenore