Skip to main content

Tired Feet

My tootsies are tired! (no, these are not my actual tooties - didn't figure you'd want to see my bunion)...It was a very busy day...let's see...here's a run-down.

*Got up at 7 with the twins. They had to be at Heights by 8am for the ACT test. (They said it was easy. I hope that's reflected in their scores when they arrive!)
*Left home at 8:30 after my shower, reading the paper and working the puzzles
*Arrived at Walmart at approx. 8:55 am to pick up Rhonda's prescriptions. The pharmacy doesn't open until 9, so I picked up a few necessities while waiting.
*Stopped at Quik Trip for hot chocolate (it was COLD out!) and breath mints.
*Stopped by Rhonda's to drop off her prescriptions and the KU t-shirts for Marilyn & Mark (who will pick them up there tomorrow) and to visit for a while.
*Went to visit mom. Had a good visit. She had several phone calls from friends, a "happy week" card from me, dinner with Mike & Diana last night, a visit from Terry, a quick visit when Marilyn took her over to Rhonda's on Thursday afternoon, and a visit from me, so she was happy.
*Stopped by Mike & Diana's to drop off their KU T-shirts and posters. Visited with them a while. Diana is feeling a bit better - she's suffering from a kidney infection, bladder infection, and walking pneumonia.
*Got home in time to eat a quick lunch and head out again, this time with Corby (who worked this morning) and Kaitlin. Kaleb opted to stay home since he had to work at 5. Kaitlin is off work today.
*Went to Target and picked up a few more necessities. Wandered the store to check out all their cool stuff. Got out of there only spending $35. Of course, Kaitlin had to get a frappucino (sp?) at Starbuck's.
*Stopped at Walgreen's to pick up a prescription for Corby.
*Went to Dillons and picked up their bargains.
*Came home and put up those grocries.
*Went to Leeker's and did the rest of our shopping.
*Came home and put up those groceries.
CRASHED & BURNED!

One bonus of shopping today? I get a 10% discount at Dillons on Kroger items and a 10% discount on everything at Leeker's since I have kids working at both stores!

Tomorrow will be filled with laundry and household chores. YUCK!

I sold my first Longaberger basket on E-bay - the May Series Geranium basket. I didn't get as much as it's probably worth, but it's better than sitting around taking up space. I love my baskets, but I have WAY TOO MANY of them, so I'm trying to sell them one at a time. I actually sold 2 baskets, but one was to a consultant I used to sell with. And Lenore - I have a basket for you to take back to Germany with you when you come this summer. You mentioned needing something for magazines, so I'm going to give you my magazine basket. Don't let me forget. You know I'm old!

Oh yeah, SUMO was great last night! The food was wonderful. We sat with a family of 7 who were celebrating the mom's birthday. Their almost-8-month-old granddaughter was the highlight of the evening. You should have seen her face when they lit up the grill! PRICELESS!

Well, it's almost time to watch the replay of the KU game. Not sure I'll make it through the whole thing, as I'm pretty darn exhausted, but I'll try. Maybe I should take a nap for the first hour, and watch the last hour! I hear they're showing it without commercials!

Finished my Stephen White book last night. Will start "Quicksand" by another one of my favorite authors - Iris Johansen.

Happy weekend to all!

Comments

Country Girl said…
sumo... so yum-o. y'know... i'm kinda thinking we may need to begin a monthly meeting of bloggers for some garlic fried rice. :)

Popular posts from this blog

I-Pod Mania

I thought I'd do a post about all the artists I have on my Ipod. If you have no desire to know, STOP, READ NO FURTHER! I have a wide range of musical tastes, and this is only a partial list. There are also a lot of other artists out there that I want to add...maybe someday! Here goes: Air Supply, Alabama, Alison Krauss, Alter Bridge, Amy Grant, Amy Winehouse, Andy Gibb, The Anointed, Audio Adrenaline, Avalon, B.J. Thomas, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, Bad Company, Barbra Streisand, Barry Manilow, Bee Gees, Billy Dean, Billy Idol, Billy Ray Cyrus, Blake Shelton, Blessid Union of Souls, Blondie, Blue Oyster Cult, Bob Dylan, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Bonnie Raitt, Boston, Brad Paisley, Bread, Brooks & Dunn, Bruce Springsteen, Bryan Adams, Building 429, Caedmon's Call, Carly Simon, The Cars, Casting Crowns, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chris Tomlin, Cinderella, Clint Black, Collin Raye, The Commodores, Craig Morgan, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Cyndi Lauper, Damn Yankees, Dan Fogelberg, Dau

VACATION

On vacation for a few days (return to work on Thursday)...here's where I wish I was... I plan on enjoying some peace and quiet...and possibly, if I get motivated, getting some cleaning and organizing done in the office area of the basement. We'll see if that motivation arrives (it's not here yet)... Good news for Park City residents...recycling came to town the first of January. We are charged $4.00 month (added onto our already high water bill); but it has lowered the price of our trash pickup. The company P.C. contracted with has a much lower price than the company we use. Our company matched the price, so our trash bills went down (considerably) AND we get to recycle. We can recycle almost all our plastics, newspapers, cardboard, aluminum cans, cereal boxes, glass, motor oil, etc. We've got two big bags to set out tomorrow. Just doin' our part for the environment. We are without hot water right now...our hot water heater needs a new thermo-couple? It's a fair

Fun times with Lenore

While Lenore and Daniel were here, she had a library book panel at the Johnson County Library in Overland Park. So, on Tuesday afternoon, November 27th, Lenore, her friend Rachelle and I took off for KC. We had a great time visiting on the way up and back, and I didn't get tired at all driving! We stopped for a quick bite to eat at Arby's and filled up with gas at QT before heading to the library. It was an interesting panel featuring Bethany Hagen, author of Landry Park, which comes out next year; Gennifer Albin, author of Crewel, which was released a few months ago; and Lenore, whose book will be released on January 15. Here's the panel: Me & Lenore: Lenore & Rachelle: Gennifer, Bethany and Lenore