Skip to main content

Lenore's Here!

My niece, Lenore, is home for the holidays. She brought me a stash of German candy - all chocolate I think. Her husband, Daniel, helped pick it out. I like to try different variations, and I couldn't remember what she brought me the last time. I think the only one I've had before is the Kinder. Here are some of the goodies:She also brought me some books. We both love to read. The one on the left is an autographed copy. Aren't I special? THANKS Lenore!This is where Kaitlin found Abby when she came upstairs this morning.She almost doesn't fit in the basket anymore. I'm hoping that day comes soon so I can start using the basket for napkins again! She's off to the vet tomorrow to get de-clawed. Perhaps she'll be mellow for a day or two afterwards!

And here is Muffin's take on my breakfast and reading of the paper this morning. I guess she was helping me scope out the sales flyers.We celebrated birthdays today. My youngest sibling, Mike, turned 44 on Dec. 15, and my oldest sibling, Terry, turns 58 on Tuesday. (sorry to announce your ages, guys!). We celebrated with lunch at DeFazio's. This is the second time we've been there for birthday celebrations, and I've not been impressed either time with the food. Today my food was lukewarm, and pricey for what you get. Think we'll go somewhere else next time.

December is a big month for birthdays, etc. in my family. Besides my brothers, my mom's birthday is on Christmas Eve (along with your mom's, Chris!). My youngest cousin's birthday is this month, Terry and Sandy's anniversary is Dec. 13 (Happy Belated Anniversary!) and Corby and I will celebrate our 21st anniversary on Dec. 26th. All that along with Christmas gets to be quite expensive! And I must say Happy Birthday to my good friend, Anne - her birthday is today!

Listening to shuffled music on my computer - everything from Pink to the Mama's and Papa's to Ann Wilson to Joni Mitchell.

Today's quote, fitting for the cold: "Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is the time for home." -- Edith Sitwell

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I-Pod Mania

I thought I'd do a post about all the artists I have on my Ipod. If you have no desire to know, STOP, READ NO FURTHER! I have a wide range of musical tastes, and this is only a partial list. There are also a lot of other artists out there that I want to add...maybe someday! Here goes: Air Supply, Alabama, Alison Krauss, Alter Bridge, Amy Grant, Amy Winehouse, Andy Gibb, The Anointed, Audio Adrenaline, Avalon, B.J. Thomas, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, Bad Company, Barbra Streisand, Barry Manilow, Bee Gees, Billy Dean, Billy Idol, Billy Ray Cyrus, Blake Shelton, Blessid Union of Souls, Blondie, Blue Oyster Cult, Bob Dylan, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Bonnie Raitt, Boston, Brad Paisley, Bread, Brooks & Dunn, Bruce Springsteen, Bryan Adams, Building 429, Caedmon's Call, Carly Simon, The Cars, Casting Crowns, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chris Tomlin, Cinderella, Clint Black, Collin Raye, The Commodores, Craig Morgan, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Cyndi Lauper, Damn Yankees, Dan Fogelberg, Dau

Fun times with Lenore

While Lenore and Daniel were here, she had a library book panel at the Johnson County Library in Overland Park. So, on Tuesday afternoon, November 27th, Lenore, her friend Rachelle and I took off for KC. We had a great time visiting on the way up and back, and I didn't get tired at all driving! We stopped for a quick bite to eat at Arby's and filled up with gas at QT before heading to the library. It was an interesting panel featuring Bethany Hagen, author of Landry Park, which comes out next year; Gennifer Albin, author of Crewel, which was released a few months ago; and Lenore, whose book will be released on January 15. Here's the panel: Me & Lenore: Lenore & Rachelle: Gennifer, Bethany and Lenore

K-STATE WINS!

K-STATE beat KU! AWESOME! It was a tense game. Corby is a huge KU fan, and even having a son at K-State hasn't changed that. I am happy when any Kansas team does well; but I had to root for K-State tonight. If the Jayhawks had to lose, I'm glad it was to K-State. Michael Beasley is a great player, and my only concern is that he will leave after his freshman year and go pro. WAY TO GO CATS!