Skip to main content

Poor Flowers & April Books

We bought flowers Tuesday night to plant in our new flower bed, but with all the rain, I've yet to plant them...Hopefully we'll get them planted this weekend. Rain, Rain, Go Away, Come Again Some Other Day (PLEASE!)

Kaitlin did plant her herbs a couple of weeks ago (soon to be transplanted into the flower beds, we think).And Corby planted his tomatoes...
I read 9 books in April:
* Temptation Ridge by Robyn Carr
* Fireside by Susan Wiggs
* Paradise Valley by Robyn Carr
* Always Looking Up - The Adventures of An Incurable Optimist - Michael J. Fox
* Take One (Above the Line Series, Book 1) - Karen Kingsbury
* Might As Well Laugh About It Now - Marie Osmond
* Look Again - Lisa Scottoline
* Leaving November - Deborah Raney
* Sudden Death - Allison Brennan

I love Michael J. Fox and he is such an inspiration in his fight against Parkinson's disease - but his book was a little boring. The discussion about how he set up his foundation could have been more interesting, but I enjoyed reading about his fight with the disease and the fact that he hasn't let the disease win.

Marie Osmond's book was also good. I've been an Osmond "maniac" for almost 40 years, and I learned a lot from this book. Very enjoyable.

Robyn Carr is a fairly new author to me, and I've enjoyed reading her books. I've bought several more from Amazon, and they are on my "to be read" list.

Karen Kingsbury is an awesome Christian author, and her books continue to enlighten me.

Lisa Scottoline's book was very good and a departure from some of her other books.

If you'd like to read any of these books, let me know - otherwise, they'll be going in my garage sale at the first of June.

I used to be a book junkie and kept all my books, but I sell them or pass them on now. Not enough room to store all of them! Of course, that could change come "empty nest" time in August.

Today's music: Keith Urban's greatest hits! I love Keith and am really excited about seeing him in concert in July!

And a quote for this rainy May Day: "The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes." -- Marcel Proust

Comments

Did I tell you that I am going to NYC for my birthday? I'll attend the Book Expo America and karen kingsbury is going to be there promoting Take One!
Oh, and probably Sandy would like it. You should ask her.
Linda said…
I didn't know you were going to NYC for your birthday. Sounds like FUN! When will you be coming home next?

And I did tell Sandy I had the new Karen Kingsbury book - when they were over for Easter...

Popular posts from this blog

Please

I know there are folks out there who read my blog, at least once in a while. Would you please do me a favor? Would you make a comment every now and then? It's easy...just click on comment, and if you don't have any of the accounts set up that are listed, you can post as "anonymous". Just identify yourself in the comment. I'd like to know how many people out there are actually reading my blog, albeit occasionally. THANKS!

Margaritaville!

We had a wonderful get-together at On the Border this afternoon. The margaritas were great! Of course, I was the only one drinking - and I'm not even much of a drinker. It was great seeing my niece, Lenore and my nephew, Nick. Even though Nick lives here, I don't get to see him much, as his work hours prevent us from seeing much of each other. We did make a pact to get together and see a movie over the Thankgiving holiday. We will be going to Oklahoma on Thanksgiving to spend it with Charles, but I'll have to come back Thanksgiving night as I have to work on Friday. Here are some pictures from our afternoon out. Kaleb with Nick (Brandon provided Kaleb's rabbit ears)... Kaitlin and Brandon Mom, Terry, Sandy and Lenore Lenore and Mike Ryan and Diana Diana in her Garth t-shirt (I can't wait until tomorrow night!) Me with my sister Rhonda Mom and Lenore THE WHOLE CREW minus me - I'd rather be taking the picture! We are childless tonight, as Brandon went to a concert...

I-Pod Mania

I thought I'd do a post about all the artists I have on my Ipod. If you have no desire to know, STOP, READ NO FURTHER! I have a wide range of musical tastes, and this is only a partial list. There are also a lot of other artists out there that I want to add...maybe someday! Here goes: Air Supply, Alabama, Alison Krauss, Alter Bridge, Amy Grant, Amy Winehouse, Andy Gibb, The Anointed, Audio Adrenaline, Avalon, B.J. Thomas, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, Bad Company, Barbra Streisand, Barry Manilow, Bee Gees, Billy Dean, Billy Idol, Billy Ray Cyrus, Blake Shelton, Blessid Union of Souls, Blondie, Blue Oyster Cult, Bob Dylan, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Bonnie Raitt, Boston, Brad Paisley, Bread, Brooks & Dunn, Bruce Springsteen, Bryan Adams, Building 429, Caedmon's Call, Carly Simon, The Cars, Casting Crowns, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chris Tomlin, Cinderella, Clint Black, Collin Raye, The Commodores, Craig Morgan, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Cyndi Lauper, Damn Yankees, Dan Fogelberg, Dau...