Skip to main content

Dreaming

I had quite the dream last night - it was an all-nighter! For some reason I dreamed that I was at a weekend high school class reunion. I woke up a few times during the night (to let the dog out, use the restroom, etc.) and each time I went back to sleep the dream continued. Facebook has allowed me to get in touch with a lot of former high school classmates, some that I barely remember. But we are all catching up on each other's lives, and I wonder if that's why I dreamed about them. It was a good dream, and brought back mostly good memories. I wasn't the popular kid in high school, but I wasn't a geek either. I had several great friends, and I'm still friends with them today. Some of us have lost touch a couple of times through the years, but when we see each other we seem to pick up where we left off the last time we were together. Bishop Carroll 1974 Golden Eagles all the way!

Yesterday's loss by Kansas State was a disappointment, but I am still very proud of a team that no one thought would make it to the Elite 8 in the tournament, especially when KU was ousted in a second round game. Yes, I know KU beat them 3 games during the regular season, but K-State did make it further in the tournament than the Jayhawks. Plus, KU was supposed to win it all. So...WAY TO GO WILDCATS! There's always next year!

Our tree is thinking about blooming, if spring ever appears and stays around for a few days.

My favorite "bag" chair...

 My car needs a bath...

On the book front, Kaitlin left me "The Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins to read. She got the book for Christmas, and even though she's really not a big reader, she finished the book very quickly over Christmas break. So quickly, we had to buy the sequel before she went back to K-State. I also got my introductory books from Mystery Guild since I rejoined. I got:

Treasure Hunt by John Lescroart
Evidence by Jonathan Kellerman
Think Twice by Lisa Scottoline
The Scarpetta Factor by Patricia Cornwell

Another book was just shipped:

Caught by Harlan Coben

All of these authors are favorites of mine, so it will be hard to pick my next book.

I also had a 40% off coupon from Borders, and picked up Linwood Barclay's new book: Never Look Away, as well as a discounted $5.99 book: Another Thing to Fall by Laura Lippman.

So as you can see, my book shelf is full!!!

We are busy planning next Sunday's Easter menu, as friends and family will be congregating at our house. We will be having ham and turkey breast, and Corby thinks he will cook brown beans and make potato salad too. He also is planning on making a carrot cake (one of his specialties!). However, if you are coming for dinner, the menu could change - except for the ham and turkey. You never know with Chef Corby! He sometimes changes his menu at the last minute!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I-Pod Mania

I thought I'd do a post about all the artists I have on my Ipod. If you have no desire to know, STOP, READ NO FURTHER! I have a wide range of musical tastes, and this is only a partial list. There are also a lot of other artists out there that I want to add...maybe someday! Here goes: Air Supply, Alabama, Alison Krauss, Alter Bridge, Amy Grant, Amy Winehouse, Andy Gibb, The Anointed, Audio Adrenaline, Avalon, B.J. Thomas, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, Bad Company, Barbra Streisand, Barry Manilow, Bee Gees, Billy Dean, Billy Idol, Billy Ray Cyrus, Blake Shelton, Blessid Union of Souls, Blondie, Blue Oyster Cult, Bob Dylan, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Bonnie Raitt, Boston, Brad Paisley, Bread, Brooks & Dunn, Bruce Springsteen, Bryan Adams, Building 429, Caedmon's Call, Carly Simon, The Cars, Casting Crowns, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chris Tomlin, Cinderella, Clint Black, Collin Raye, The Commodores, Craig Morgan, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Cyndi Lauper, Damn Yankees, Dan Fogelberg, Dau

Fun times with Lenore

While Lenore and Daniel were here, she had a library book panel at the Johnson County Library in Overland Park. So, on Tuesday afternoon, November 27th, Lenore, her friend Rachelle and I took off for KC. We had a great time visiting on the way up and back, and I didn't get tired at all driving! We stopped for a quick bite to eat at Arby's and filled up with gas at QT before heading to the library. It was an interesting panel featuring Bethany Hagen, author of Landry Park, which comes out next year; Gennifer Albin, author of Crewel, which was released a few months ago; and Lenore, whose book will be released on January 15. Here's the panel: Me & Lenore: Lenore & Rachelle: Gennifer, Bethany and Lenore

K-STATE WINS!

K-STATE beat KU! AWESOME! It was a tense game. Corby is a huge KU fan, and even having a son at K-State hasn't changed that. I am happy when any Kansas team does well; but I had to root for K-State tonight. If the Jayhawks had to lose, I'm glad it was to K-State. Michael Beasley is a great player, and my only concern is that he will leave after his freshman year and go pro. WAY TO GO CATS!