Skip to main content

Mid-Week

Well, the refrigerator IS on the blitz! We have a repairman coming tomorrow. I hope it doesn't cost an arm and a leg! Fortunately the washer was an easy fix - but don't ask me what it was! Corby had our neighbor, fix-it-man, Paul, come over and look at it and they fixed it at no cost! It's been a very busy week at work. News has been outdoing themselves with coverage of the tornado in Greensburg and the flooding throughout Kansas. And of course we had to have even more space in tomorrow's paper due to President Bush's visit in Greensburg today. Hopefully things will soon get back to normal. I'll be busy the next few days trying to get ahead since I'll be on vacation next week. I am reading "The Fifth Vial" by Michael Palmer. I've read all of his books, and this one is pretty darn good so far. I'm about halfway through. I love to read, and in reading my niece's blog tonight, I realize that I tend to read fluff. She and her husband read "deeper" books than I do, but I do LOVE TO READ! Unfortunately I haven't totally instilled that in my kids - they all like to read to some degree, but are not book hogs like me! I think one of my favorite authors recently is Jodi Picoult. I read "My Sister's Keeper" about 6 months ago, and since then I've read about 3 or 4 of her earlier books, as well as her newest one "Nineteen Minutes". I recommend her as an author. I went to the Heights Senior Honors Assembly yesterday morning. I had not planned on going because Brandon said he wasn't getting any awards. When he came home from work Monday night he said they told him he would be getting an award(s) - they keep them secret! I was really glad I went as he received 4 awards - the biggest one being a Silver Presidential Award for carrying a 3.50-3.99 GPA throughout his 4 years of school! We are so proud of him! Love you son!

My random quote for the day: "Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves." -- James Barrie

Comments

I read "Nineteen Minutes" last year (got an advanced copy at the book fair) and really enjoyed it. We don't always read "deep" books. I like to read some "fluff" as well: a thriller here, a bit of chick lit there. But I definately LOVE to read too :)

Popular posts from this blog

I-Pod Mania

I thought I'd do a post about all the artists I have on my Ipod. If you have no desire to know, STOP, READ NO FURTHER! I have a wide range of musical tastes, and this is only a partial list. There are also a lot of other artists out there that I want to add...maybe someday! Here goes: Air Supply, Alabama, Alison Krauss, Alter Bridge, Amy Grant, Amy Winehouse, Andy Gibb, The Anointed, Audio Adrenaline, Avalon, B.J. Thomas, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, Bad Company, Barbra Streisand, Barry Manilow, Bee Gees, Billy Dean, Billy Idol, Billy Ray Cyrus, Blake Shelton, Blessid Union of Souls, Blondie, Blue Oyster Cult, Bob Dylan, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Bonnie Raitt, Boston, Brad Paisley, Bread, Brooks & Dunn, Bruce Springsteen, Bryan Adams, Building 429, Caedmon's Call, Carly Simon, The Cars, Casting Crowns, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chris Tomlin, Cinderella, Clint Black, Collin Raye, The Commodores, Craig Morgan, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Cyndi Lauper, Damn Yankees, Dan Fogelberg, Dau

VACATION

On vacation for a few days (return to work on Thursday)...here's where I wish I was... I plan on enjoying some peace and quiet...and possibly, if I get motivated, getting some cleaning and organizing done in the office area of the basement. We'll see if that motivation arrives (it's not here yet)... Good news for Park City residents...recycling came to town the first of January. We are charged $4.00 month (added onto our already high water bill); but it has lowered the price of our trash pickup. The company P.C. contracted with has a much lower price than the company we use. Our company matched the price, so our trash bills went down (considerably) AND we get to recycle. We can recycle almost all our plastics, newspapers, cardboard, aluminum cans, cereal boxes, glass, motor oil, etc. We've got two big bags to set out tomorrow. Just doin' our part for the environment. We are without hot water right now...our hot water heater needs a new thermo-couple? It's a fair

K-STATE WINS!

K-STATE beat KU! AWESOME! It was a tense game. Corby is a huge KU fan, and even having a son at K-State hasn't changed that. I am happy when any Kansas team does well; but I had to root for K-State tonight. If the Jayhawks had to lose, I'm glad it was to K-State. Michael Beasley is a great player, and my only concern is that he will leave after his freshman year and go pro. WAY TO GO CATS!