Skip to main content

More Vehicle Problems

In my last post, I mentioned that Corby and the twins were headed home from Oklahoma. Well, they made it halfway home, and then Kaleb's car broke down. Yes, the car he just bought a week ago. Corby thought it might be the fuel filter or the fuel pump. They managed to get the car started and at least get it off I-35, just south of Tonkawa. So, I had to make a mad dash down there to pick them up, as the twins were scheduled to work at 5pm. We left the car in the parking lot of a Conoco/Dairy Queen. Corby and I both took today off work and went down to retrieve the car. Corby rented a car "dolly" from United Rentals, and we towed the car home with Kaitlin's new truck, which ran like a dream!
She wasn't too happy that we needed to take the truck, since she spent last night washing it and getting it "chick-ready"!!! So, this morning we took off in her truck for Oklahoma, while they took off for school in our van! WEIRD!

Corby worked on the car this afternoon, but was apparently given the wrong fuel filter at the auto parts store, so hopefully he'll get the car running tomorrow. This car repair thing is a pain in the rear! Especially when you have 6 cars (yes, we're going to get rid of the Corsica).

I am currently reading "The Pact" by Jodi Picoult. It's about a teenage boy and girl who make a suicide pact, and only one of them dies. The families have been friends since before the kids were born. From the back cover -- "leaving two devastated families stranded in the dark and dense pre-dawn, desperate for answers about an unthinkable act and the children they never really knew." I'm only about 50 pages into it, but it looks like it's going to be another Picoult masterpiece. I checked this book out at the Eagle employee library. Some of the folks in advertising customer service got together and started collecting books. Anyone can donate, and anyone can check a book out. This is a great idea!

And the quote for today is:
"Time flies.
It's up to you to be the navigator."
-- Robert Orben

Comments

Country Girl said…
very cool new truck. sounds like it was a lifesaver.

let me know how the book goes. i foresee tears... lots of tears. :(
Heather rules said…
I love her truck.
I checked out Devil Wears Prada and have yet to get 5 pages into it. Maybe I can make some time on my vacation which starts tomorrow.
Chris said…
Her truck is "chick-awesome"!

I've read that book (checked it out of the Eagle's library, too) and it was very good. Right now I'm reading another of her books, "My Sister's Keeper" which my sister loaned me. It's wonderful and I have a hard time putting it down. Jodi Picoult is a gifted storyteller.

Popular posts from this blog

I-Pod Mania

I thought I'd do a post about all the artists I have on my Ipod. If you have no desire to know, STOP, READ NO FURTHER! I have a wide range of musical tastes, and this is only a partial list. There are also a lot of other artists out there that I want to add...maybe someday! Here goes: Air Supply, Alabama, Alison Krauss, Alter Bridge, Amy Grant, Amy Winehouse, Andy Gibb, The Anointed, Audio Adrenaline, Avalon, B.J. Thomas, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, Bad Company, Barbra Streisand, Barry Manilow, Bee Gees, Billy Dean, Billy Idol, Billy Ray Cyrus, Blake Shelton, Blessid Union of Souls, Blondie, Blue Oyster Cult, Bob Dylan, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Bonnie Raitt, Boston, Brad Paisley, Bread, Brooks & Dunn, Bruce Springsteen, Bryan Adams, Building 429, Caedmon's Call, Carly Simon, The Cars, Casting Crowns, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chris Tomlin, Cinderella, Clint Black, Collin Raye, The Commodores, Craig Morgan, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Cyndi Lauper, Damn Yankees, Dan Fogelberg, Dau

Fun times with Lenore

While Lenore and Daniel were here, she had a library book panel at the Johnson County Library in Overland Park. So, on Tuesday afternoon, November 27th, Lenore, her friend Rachelle and I took off for KC. We had a great time visiting on the way up and back, and I didn't get tired at all driving! We stopped for a quick bite to eat at Arby's and filled up with gas at QT before heading to the library. It was an interesting panel featuring Bethany Hagen, author of Landry Park, which comes out next year; Gennifer Albin, author of Crewel, which was released a few months ago; and Lenore, whose book will be released on January 15. Here's the panel: Me & Lenore: Lenore & Rachelle: Gennifer, Bethany and Lenore

K-STATE WINS!

K-STATE beat KU! AWESOME! It was a tense game. Corby is a huge KU fan, and even having a son at K-State hasn't changed that. I am happy when any Kansas team does well; but I had to root for K-State tonight. If the Jayhawks had to lose, I'm glad it was to K-State. Michael Beasley is a great player, and my only concern is that he will leave after his freshman year and go pro. WAY TO GO CATS!