Skip to main content

Laundry

Does anyone else get as sick of laundry as I do? It's never ending. Even with Brandon gone to college, I still do about 12-15 loads a week! It would be nice if the kids could wear their school clothes to work, but Kaleb has to wear WHITE button-down shirts, and Kaitlin has to wear shirts with collars. Since she's strictly a t-shirt girl, we bought her polo shirts & turtlenecks for work. Just adds more laundry!!!

Corby headed to OK this morning. Charles is nearing the end, and must have 24 hour care. Corby is on vacation next week, and Hospice will be there Monday to help find a place for him - that is if he lasts until Monday. I talked to Corby tonight, and Charles is mostly out of it, not eating or drinking, and is down to one lung functioning. I'm guessing his kidneys will start shutting down soon, so it's only a matter of time. I wish I could be there for Corby, but the week coming up is my busiest week of the year, so I need to be at work. I don't think we will have much of a Thanksgiving this year.

Finally picked up my book from hold at the library. It was "You've Been Warned" by James Patterson. I'm finishing "Between Sundays" by one of my favorite Christian authors, Karen Kingsbury, tonight; so I'll start the JP book tomorrow.

And our quote of the day is: "The desire to reach for the stars is ambitious. The desire to reach for the heart is wise." -- Maya Angelou

Comments

Country Girl said…
i feel your pain... i'm getting started on load #4 today :(
Chris said…
I've avoided laundry all weekend. Since it's almost 9 o'clock Sunday night I really need to start a load. But I only do an average of about 5 loads a week! The advantage to just one person in the house :-)

Sorry to hear that Charles is going downhill so quickly. May he go peacefully and quickly (so he doesn't suffer).
Heather rules said…
I hate laundry. You know, I don't mind doing the laundry, but I am terrible about putting it away. I also hate pairing socks. Justin is really good about helping with laundry, but man my clothes are full of wrinkles when he does.

I'm also sorry about Charles. You may not have much of a Thanksgiving dinner, but you will have a meaningful Thanksgiving. Be thankful that you had Charles your family's life. Be thankful he has you in his life. Be thankful Hospice is there to help ease the pain and make the transition and little better. Be thankful that he will no longer suffer. You will be in my thoughts.

Popular posts from this blog

I-Pod Mania

I thought I'd do a post about all the artists I have on my Ipod. If you have no desire to know, STOP, READ NO FURTHER! I have a wide range of musical tastes, and this is only a partial list. There are also a lot of other artists out there that I want to add...maybe someday! Here goes: Air Supply, Alabama, Alison Krauss, Alter Bridge, Amy Grant, Amy Winehouse, Andy Gibb, The Anointed, Audio Adrenaline, Avalon, B.J. Thomas, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, Bad Company, Barbra Streisand, Barry Manilow, Bee Gees, Billy Dean, Billy Idol, Billy Ray Cyrus, Blake Shelton, Blessid Union of Souls, Blondie, Blue Oyster Cult, Bob Dylan, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Bonnie Raitt, Boston, Brad Paisley, Bread, Brooks & Dunn, Bruce Springsteen, Bryan Adams, Building 429, Caedmon's Call, Carly Simon, The Cars, Casting Crowns, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chris Tomlin, Cinderella, Clint Black, Collin Raye, The Commodores, Craig Morgan, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Cyndi Lauper, Damn Yankees, Dan Fogelberg, Dau

VACATION

On vacation for a few days (return to work on Thursday)...here's where I wish I was... I plan on enjoying some peace and quiet...and possibly, if I get motivated, getting some cleaning and organizing done in the office area of the basement. We'll see if that motivation arrives (it's not here yet)... Good news for Park City residents...recycling came to town the first of January. We are charged $4.00 month (added onto our already high water bill); but it has lowered the price of our trash pickup. The company P.C. contracted with has a much lower price than the company we use. Our company matched the price, so our trash bills went down (considerably) AND we get to recycle. We can recycle almost all our plastics, newspapers, cardboard, aluminum cans, cereal boxes, glass, motor oil, etc. We've got two big bags to set out tomorrow. Just doin' our part for the environment. We are without hot water right now...our hot water heater needs a new thermo-couple? It's a fair

K-STATE WINS!

K-STATE beat KU! AWESOME! It was a tense game. Corby is a huge KU fan, and even having a son at K-State hasn't changed that. I am happy when any Kansas team does well; but I had to root for K-State tonight. If the Jayhawks had to lose, I'm glad it was to K-State. Michael Beasley is a great player, and my only concern is that he will leave after his freshman year and go pro. WAY TO GO CATS!