Skip to main content

Enchanted Weekend?


Kaitlin and I went to see the movie ENCHANTED last night. What an enjoyable movie! Disney did a masterful job of meshing together a fairy tale cartoon with real life. And of course, Patrick Dempsey is HOT! I think the big ending was a bit overdone, but overall, it was a fun movie!

Corby made another trip to Chandler on Wednesday. Kaitlin ended up going with him. She is caught up @ school and such a good student that I didn't think it would hurt for her to miss a day. They got the house cleared out and all the utilities shut off. Corby will have to go back down one more time for court - to have a judge name him executor of Charles' estate - which is basically the insurance policy. That probably won't happen until January.

We did all of our Saturday errand running and got home by about 2. Since it's so yucky outside, we are getting some inside chores done this weekend - plus my normal 10-15 loads of laundry!

Bought a new CD today - Michael W. Smith's newest Christmas CD. He is one of my favorite Christian artists. Very talented, very CUTE, very married (oh yeah, so am I!)...The CD is Wonderful, wonderful!

Sugar, our outdoor cat, stays in the garage at night during the winter. She's been wanting in the house all day, so Corby brought her in a while ago. She can't stay inside though, so we've made a pallet with an old comforter for her up off the cement floor. Cinnamon has been in and out all day - she loves the cold weather, but doesn't like the mist/ice/sleet. She may end up sleeping in our bedroom tonight!

I got more shopping done yesterday at lunch. Just have a few more things to pick up and then I'm done. I prefer doing my shopping online, and have bought a few things that way this year, but most of the things the kids want have been on sale over the last few weeks. And you know me, I love a good sale!

Brandon is getting ready for his first college finals. He has 2 on Monday, 2 on Tuesday, and his last one is Wednesday at 7pm. He'll head home Thursday morning, and be home for a month. YIPPEE!

Corby found out (through the Eagle's own Carrie Rengers story in Thursday's Biz Today section) that Foley has signed a contract to purchase the old Optima Bus building at 77th N. & Hydraulic. Unfortunately, they are not moving the warehouse out here - he'll still be at the Harry & West location. Bummer - thought we might save some money on gas!

My quote for today is really a short verse:
They Who Are Wild Wacky Women
They are women of substance...
Women of their own making
With the perfect blend of
candor and common sense,
They understand the value of
friendship, love and laughter.
They are smart, empowered and enlightened
with the wisdom and legacy of the women
who have come before them,
With a spirit that soars free,
They rejoice in this great sisterhood
called WOMEN.
-- Suzy Toronto

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I-Pod Mania

I thought I'd do a post about all the artists I have on my Ipod. If you have no desire to know, STOP, READ NO FURTHER! I have a wide range of musical tastes, and this is only a partial list. There are also a lot of other artists out there that I want to add...maybe someday! Here goes: Air Supply, Alabama, Alison Krauss, Alter Bridge, Amy Grant, Amy Winehouse, Andy Gibb, The Anointed, Audio Adrenaline, Avalon, B.J. Thomas, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, Bad Company, Barbra Streisand, Barry Manilow, Bee Gees, Billy Dean, Billy Idol, Billy Ray Cyrus, Blake Shelton, Blessid Union of Souls, Blondie, Blue Oyster Cult, Bob Dylan, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Bonnie Raitt, Boston, Brad Paisley, Bread, Brooks & Dunn, Bruce Springsteen, Bryan Adams, Building 429, Caedmon's Call, Carly Simon, The Cars, Casting Crowns, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chris Tomlin, Cinderella, Clint Black, Collin Raye, The Commodores, Craig Morgan, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Cyndi Lauper, Damn Yankees, Dan Fogelberg, Dau

Fun times with Lenore

While Lenore and Daniel were here, she had a library book panel at the Johnson County Library in Overland Park. So, on Tuesday afternoon, November 27th, Lenore, her friend Rachelle and I took off for KC. We had a great time visiting on the way up and back, and I didn't get tired at all driving! We stopped for a quick bite to eat at Arby's and filled up with gas at QT before heading to the library. It was an interesting panel featuring Bethany Hagen, author of Landry Park, which comes out next year; Gennifer Albin, author of Crewel, which was released a few months ago; and Lenore, whose book will be released on January 15. Here's the panel: Me & Lenore: Lenore & Rachelle: Gennifer, Bethany and Lenore

K-STATE WINS!

K-STATE beat KU! AWESOME! It was a tense game. Corby is a huge KU fan, and even having a son at K-State hasn't changed that. I am happy when any Kansas team does well; but I had to root for K-State tonight. If the Jayhawks had to lose, I'm glad it was to K-State. Michael Beasley is a great player, and my only concern is that he will leave after his freshman year and go pro. WAY TO GO CATS!