Skip to main content

Cough, Cough, Cough


You would think I'd be safe from colds since I had one about a month ago. Not sure what I have going on, but I have a hacking cough (bronchitis?). We all intended to go see Alvin and the Chipmunks tonight, but I wasn't up to it, so Corby and the kids went. Mom is just getting some quiet, relaxing, COUGH HER HEAD OFF time! Been sucking vitamic C lozenges, Cold-Eze zinc lozenges, and of course, Halls cherry cough drops! Wah, wah, can you tell I'm whinny?

We did get some things accomplished today. Corby stayed home and put a new thermostat in the car he inherited from Charles. Brandon spent the day with my older brother, helping him move his basement items back to his basement. My brother, Terry, and his wife, Sandy, had a flood in their basement about 4 months ago, and it's taken this long (insurance hang-ups, etc.) to get everything repaired and replaced. Terry knew Brandon wasn't working over Christmas break, so offered to pay him if he would come help carry everything back to the basement. He made a good sum of money for about 6 hours work. The twins and I did our normal Saturday errand-running, as well as stopping to visit with mom. She is doing well, though there are a lot of illnesses running rampant at Presbyterian Manor. So far, so good for her. I tried to keep all my germs to myself! We also made stops at Walmart, Best Buy and Target. I picked up the newest Joni Mitchell CD and The Breakfast Club movie on DVD (one of my favorite movies) with a Best Buy gift card. We also did our grocery shopping at Leeker's and ran the van through the car wash. Now I'm pretty much down for the count! Hopefully I'll feel better by Monday, when work rears it's ugly head again!

Had a late night at work on Friday. I am training someone from composing on classified pagination, and thank goodness she worked on it, because I ended up having to re-do one of the Saturday comic pages. Hope, my layout assistant, does our comics by downloading and building pages on her MAC. I am not very MAC literate, but I have been trained to do the comics too. When news sent out one of the negatives for today's edition, it was low res(olution) and hard to read. I tried to re-open the page Hope had created and resave it, but it didn't fix the problem. When I went to re-build the page, all the comics were gone, so I had to go to 4 different web-sites and re-download all the comics, then re-do the page. Each panel of comics is a different file, so it is time-consuming to re-build a page. It was around 8pm when I finally got the page done, and then news was able to re-send it to negative. The pressroom was waiting on me, but I was moving as fast as I could - well - as fast as the MAC could! Don't know what the original problem was, but it was stressful having to rush through it. I had to look at the comics this morning and make sure all were the correct date. Corby had to help me because some of the dates are so small and so hard to find. My bi-focals aren't working very well right now, as I need to go get my prescription filled for new glasses. My eyes actually improved when I went to the eye doctor in November, but since I was able to get new frames by waiting until 2008, I decided to wait to get new lenses as well. I am more than ready since I can't read anything up close right now!

Okay, now I'm REALLY done whining...

Does anyone else out there feel sorry for Britney Spears? Don't get me wrong, I think it's a good thing that she lost visitation with her kids for now; but that girls needs some serious help! I can't believe she is already out of the hospital. She needs intervention big time! I hope she gets it, before she ends up killing herself!

I'm headed to the recliner now for some rest...hope you all have a great weekend!

Comments

Country Girl said…
oh linda, not the P word!! Pagination... NO!!!!! ;)

britney britney britney... do you ever watch intervention on a&e? i think they should do a celebrity intervention.

Popular posts from this blog

I-Pod Mania

I thought I'd do a post about all the artists I have on my Ipod. If you have no desire to know, STOP, READ NO FURTHER! I have a wide range of musical tastes, and this is only a partial list. There are also a lot of other artists out there that I want to add...maybe someday! Here goes: Air Supply, Alabama, Alison Krauss, Alter Bridge, Amy Grant, Amy Winehouse, Andy Gibb, The Anointed, Audio Adrenaline, Avalon, B.J. Thomas, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, Bad Company, Barbra Streisand, Barry Manilow, Bee Gees, Billy Dean, Billy Idol, Billy Ray Cyrus, Blake Shelton, Blessid Union of Souls, Blondie, Blue Oyster Cult, Bob Dylan, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Bonnie Raitt, Boston, Brad Paisley, Bread, Brooks & Dunn, Bruce Springsteen, Bryan Adams, Building 429, Caedmon's Call, Carly Simon, The Cars, Casting Crowns, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chris Tomlin, Cinderella, Clint Black, Collin Raye, The Commodores, Craig Morgan, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Cyndi Lauper, Damn Yankees, Dan Fogelberg, Dau

Fun times with Lenore

While Lenore and Daniel were here, she had a library book panel at the Johnson County Library in Overland Park. So, on Tuesday afternoon, November 27th, Lenore, her friend Rachelle and I took off for KC. We had a great time visiting on the way up and back, and I didn't get tired at all driving! We stopped for a quick bite to eat at Arby's and filled up with gas at QT before heading to the library. It was an interesting panel featuring Bethany Hagen, author of Landry Park, which comes out next year; Gennifer Albin, author of Crewel, which was released a few months ago; and Lenore, whose book will be released on January 15. Here's the panel: Me & Lenore: Lenore & Rachelle: Gennifer, Bethany and Lenore

VACATION

On vacation for a few days (return to work on Thursday)...here's where I wish I was... I plan on enjoying some peace and quiet...and possibly, if I get motivated, getting some cleaning and organizing done in the office area of the basement. We'll see if that motivation arrives (it's not here yet)... Good news for Park City residents...recycling came to town the first of January. We are charged $4.00 month (added onto our already high water bill); but it has lowered the price of our trash pickup. The company P.C. contracted with has a much lower price than the company we use. Our company matched the price, so our trash bills went down (considerably) AND we get to recycle. We can recycle almost all our plastics, newspapers, cardboard, aluminum cans, cereal boxes, glass, motor oil, etc. We've got two big bags to set out tomorrow. Just doin' our part for the environment. We are without hot water right now...our hot water heater needs a new thermo-couple? It's a fair