Skip to main content

New Comforter

We finally found a new comforter for Kaitlin's room last weekend at Target. I wish I could show you a picture of a beautifully made bed - but Callie was snuggled up in the bedding, and I didn't have the heart to move her and fix the bed. For those of you who haven't seen previous pictures, Kaitlin has two walls painted lime green, two walls painted orange, and her curtains are bright pink! It is definitely a TEEN room - but I like it!Went to a patient care meeting at Presbyterian Manor today for mom. My little sister Marilyn came too. It was a good meeting. We all agreed that mom is thriving in the health care area. The staff love her because she interacts with all of the people who live there - especially those that are in more dire physical condition. Mom's physical condition is very good, so she is always on the go, helping the staff when she can, and visiting with residents who don't get many visitors. They took her off the anti-depressant in October, and she's doing very well without it. While it is never easy to put a loved one in a care facility, this has been the best thing for mom! LOVE YOU, MOM!I get to go to the sold out REBA / KELLY CLARKSON concert at the end of the month. One of my friends from work is planning on going with a group of friends, and they ended up with 3 extra tickets from some people who backed out. The seats are in the 5th row, so of course I said YES! I've thoroughly enjoyed watching REBA'S syndicated sitcom, and am looking forward to the concert. Yes, another concert to add to my list! I would love to go see Keith Urban, but I am so NOT a Carrie Underwood fan, and tickets are just way too expensive for me. Now, if someone comes up with some last minute 5th row seats, I would probably snatch them up! Anyone out there have extra tickets for me?

Comments

Heather rules said…
I LOVE Kaitlin's room. I love bright colors, they make me feel so happy. And that comforter is WAY cute.
Congrats on getting to attend the Reba/Kelly show. Should be a good one. Not really a big fan of Reba's music, but I DO like her, and I like Kelly.
Chris said…
Well, I'll be at the concert, too. I got a ticket from a friend for Christmas. She's obviously going and so is another friend of ours. I didn't even look to see what section/row we're in, but I'll look for you!
Linda said…
Let me know where your seats are Chris!
Jennifer Lynne said…
My little sister has the same bed set! And, her walls are all lime green. How cool.
Princess Jill said…
Small world! My daughter Jessica, has the "bright lime green walls also" I'll try and find a picture to post!
Country Girl said…
Reba is definitely one of the best sitcom's on!! Even though it's reruns :( I watch at least one episode every evening after work. :)
Linda said…
We watch REBA just about every night too...even if I've already seen it. Can't understand why they cancelled it. I heard it was the #1 syndicated show on that channel...

Popular posts from this blog

I-Pod Mania

I thought I'd do a post about all the artists I have on my Ipod. If you have no desire to know, STOP, READ NO FURTHER! I have a wide range of musical tastes, and this is only a partial list. There are also a lot of other artists out there that I want to add...maybe someday! Here goes: Air Supply, Alabama, Alison Krauss, Alter Bridge, Amy Grant, Amy Winehouse, Andy Gibb, The Anointed, Audio Adrenaline, Avalon, B.J. Thomas, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, Bad Company, Barbra Streisand, Barry Manilow, Bee Gees, Billy Dean, Billy Idol, Billy Ray Cyrus, Blake Shelton, Blessid Union of Souls, Blondie, Blue Oyster Cult, Bob Dylan, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Bonnie Raitt, Boston, Brad Paisley, Bread, Brooks & Dunn, Bruce Springsteen, Bryan Adams, Building 429, Caedmon's Call, Carly Simon, The Cars, Casting Crowns, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chris Tomlin, Cinderella, Clint Black, Collin Raye, The Commodores, Craig Morgan, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Cyndi Lauper, Damn Yankees, Dan Fogelberg, Dau

Fun times with Lenore

While Lenore and Daniel were here, she had a library book panel at the Johnson County Library in Overland Park. So, on Tuesday afternoon, November 27th, Lenore, her friend Rachelle and I took off for KC. We had a great time visiting on the way up and back, and I didn't get tired at all driving! We stopped for a quick bite to eat at Arby's and filled up with gas at QT before heading to the library. It was an interesting panel featuring Bethany Hagen, author of Landry Park, which comes out next year; Gennifer Albin, author of Crewel, which was released a few months ago; and Lenore, whose book will be released on January 15. Here's the panel: Me & Lenore: Lenore & Rachelle: Gennifer, Bethany and Lenore

K-STATE WINS!

K-STATE beat KU! AWESOME! It was a tense game. Corby is a huge KU fan, and even having a son at K-State hasn't changed that. I am happy when any Kansas team does well; but I had to root for K-State tonight. If the Jayhawks had to lose, I'm glad it was to K-State. Michael Beasley is a great player, and my only concern is that he will leave after his freshman year and go pro. WAY TO GO CATS!