Skip to main content

T.G.I.F.

I know, I know - I only had to work 2 days this week; but man, they were killers! You know how sometimes it doesn't pay to take a few days off? This was one of those times. From the minute I walked in the door yesterday at 8:15am and left at 6:15pm - I didn't stop. I ate lunch at my desk, which was about the only 10 minutes I was at my desk. Between a 90 minute management training session in the morning, and making plates all afternoon, IT DID NOT STOP. I was still making plates at 6pm! UGH! HAVE I SAID BEFORE HOW MUCH I HATE MAKING PLATES? Today was really busy too, but I did manage to get away for lunch with a friend.

Kaleb has a friend spending the night tonight. His name is Sen-Xiang. He is a foreign exchange student from Germany - yes Germany! His family moved to Germany shortly after he was born. He speaks wonderful English and seems like a very nice young man.

Corby is making chocolate chip cookies tonight. Truly - he doesn't always bake like this. He is actually making these for a reception after a funeral we will be attending tomorrow morning. One of the ladies in our Sunday school class passed away last Sunday from ovarian cancer. She was only 62! She was the sweetest, kindest woman and we will miss her. She wanted the reception to be a celebration of her life, so our class is providing food and drink.

Anyway, here is the "before" picand here is the "after" picHave any of you seen CELEBRITY REHAB on VH-1? Corby was flipping channels last night, and we watched about 10 minutes. Do you remember Jeff Conaway from the movie Grease? Oh my gosh, that guy is so strung out and looked so bad. I guess this is numerous times for him in rehab. He actually snuck cocaine in - I don't know how. They also said they have to watch his girlfriend when she comes to visit him because she's tried to bring him drugs. How sad is that? It makes you wonder how many stars/celebrities are users, and if there are any normal celebs out there. We all know about Britney Spears and Amy Winehouse...did you see the AP already has Britney's obit written? I know the news media does that for older stars, etc., but this kid is in her mid-20's. She needs major intervention from her family, or unfortunately that obit could become reality.

Comments

Heather rules said…
I'm loving Celebrity Rehab. I love Dr. Drew and really think he deeply cares for those folks. Yeah, Jeff is out of control, as are Brit and Amy. Do you watch Intervention? That is another really good show.
Country Girl said…
i wish i had a dollar for everytime you tell us "corby isn't usually like this" -- cuz he sure does seem to make a lot of dessert, and you always tell us he doesn't. hmmm.... apple pie, mayo cake, and now cookies. can corby come over and play?? :)
Linda said…
I've seen previews for Intervention, but haven't watched it yet. It just depends on whether or not I can get the remote control away from Corby!!!
Linda said…
Well cowgirl, we'll probably have a dry spell of sweets soon - a good thing though since I don't NEED THEM!

Popular posts from this blog

I-Pod Mania

I thought I'd do a post about all the artists I have on my Ipod. If you have no desire to know, STOP, READ NO FURTHER! I have a wide range of musical tastes, and this is only a partial list. There are also a lot of other artists out there that I want to add...maybe someday! Here goes: Air Supply, Alabama, Alison Krauss, Alter Bridge, Amy Grant, Amy Winehouse, Andy Gibb, The Anointed, Audio Adrenaline, Avalon, B.J. Thomas, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, Bad Company, Barbra Streisand, Barry Manilow, Bee Gees, Billy Dean, Billy Idol, Billy Ray Cyrus, Blake Shelton, Blessid Union of Souls, Blondie, Blue Oyster Cult, Bob Dylan, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Bonnie Raitt, Boston, Brad Paisley, Bread, Brooks & Dunn, Bruce Springsteen, Bryan Adams, Building 429, Caedmon's Call, Carly Simon, The Cars, Casting Crowns, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chris Tomlin, Cinderella, Clint Black, Collin Raye, The Commodores, Craig Morgan, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Cyndi Lauper, Damn Yankees, Dan Fogelberg, Dau

VACATION

On vacation for a few days (return to work on Thursday)...here's where I wish I was... I plan on enjoying some peace and quiet...and possibly, if I get motivated, getting some cleaning and organizing done in the office area of the basement. We'll see if that motivation arrives (it's not here yet)... Good news for Park City residents...recycling came to town the first of January. We are charged $4.00 month (added onto our already high water bill); but it has lowered the price of our trash pickup. The company P.C. contracted with has a much lower price than the company we use. Our company matched the price, so our trash bills went down (considerably) AND we get to recycle. We can recycle almost all our plastics, newspapers, cardboard, aluminum cans, cereal boxes, glass, motor oil, etc. We've got two big bags to set out tomorrow. Just doin' our part for the environment. We are without hot water right now...our hot water heater needs a new thermo-couple? It's a fair

Fun times with Lenore

While Lenore and Daniel were here, she had a library book panel at the Johnson County Library in Overland Park. So, on Tuesday afternoon, November 27th, Lenore, her friend Rachelle and I took off for KC. We had a great time visiting on the way up and back, and I didn't get tired at all driving! We stopped for a quick bite to eat at Arby's and filled up with gas at QT before heading to the library. It was an interesting panel featuring Bethany Hagen, author of Landry Park, which comes out next year; Gennifer Albin, author of Crewel, which was released a few months ago; and Lenore, whose book will be released on January 15. Here's the panel: Me & Lenore: Lenore & Rachelle: Gennifer, Bethany and Lenore