Skip to main content

The Hubby is Stiff, Sore and Sick!

Corby is very sore from his tumble off the dock on the forklift yesterday. He is also suffering from flu symptoms. Hard to tell whether the aches and pains are from the accident or the flu. I am however urging him to go to the company's doctor tomorrow to get an x-ray of his shoulder. He's having trouble lifting his arm very high. I'm sure there's nothing broken, but I don't want him to have problems down the line somewhere and have the company refuse to pay medical bills because he didn't go to the doctor. However, for those of you who don't personally know my husband, HE IS VERY STUBBORN! I've threatened to show up at work tomorrow, ask his boss where their company doctor is, and haul him in there myself! I probably won't do that, but still.....

oh yeah, he also has an interview tomorrow with the person who will be managing their new facility in Park City. He applied for the warehouse position there, and we would LOVE for him to be able to work 3 minutes from home. Imagine the gas savings! Imagine the extra money for our budget! Imagine the possibilities! Okay, I'm getting over-dramatic! What can I say? I'm a Scorpio!

for now, he's dozing and snoring in his recliner....ahhhh, the sounds of silence. Not really, basketball is on TV but when I try to turn the TV off or to a different channel he wakes up and says he's watching. No way could he be asleep! He will never admit that he's sleeping in his chair! MEN! YA GOTTA LOVE THEM!

Comments

Heather rules said…
He's just resting his eyes. ;o)
jenny said…
okay, i almost stopped reading when I saw "my husband is stiff"...

he definitely needs to get his shoulder looked at though. that worker's comp is nothing to mess with...better safe than sorry!
Country Girl said…
drives me bonkers how stubborn men are when they are sick, or injured.
Chris said…
My Mom does the same thing in her recliner. She's NEVER sleeping!

Popular posts from this blog

I-Pod Mania

I thought I'd do a post about all the artists I have on my Ipod. If you have no desire to know, STOP, READ NO FURTHER! I have a wide range of musical tastes, and this is only a partial list. There are also a lot of other artists out there that I want to add...maybe someday! Here goes: Air Supply, Alabama, Alison Krauss, Alter Bridge, Amy Grant, Amy Winehouse, Andy Gibb, The Anointed, Audio Adrenaline, Avalon, B.J. Thomas, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, Bad Company, Barbra Streisand, Barry Manilow, Bee Gees, Billy Dean, Billy Idol, Billy Ray Cyrus, Blake Shelton, Blessid Union of Souls, Blondie, Blue Oyster Cult, Bob Dylan, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Bonnie Raitt, Boston, Brad Paisley, Bread, Brooks & Dunn, Bruce Springsteen, Bryan Adams, Building 429, Caedmon's Call, Carly Simon, The Cars, Casting Crowns, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chris Tomlin, Cinderella, Clint Black, Collin Raye, The Commodores, Craig Morgan, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Cyndi Lauper, Damn Yankees, Dan Fogelberg, Dau

VACATION

On vacation for a few days (return to work on Thursday)...here's where I wish I was... I plan on enjoying some peace and quiet...and possibly, if I get motivated, getting some cleaning and organizing done in the office area of the basement. We'll see if that motivation arrives (it's not here yet)... Good news for Park City residents...recycling came to town the first of January. We are charged $4.00 month (added onto our already high water bill); but it has lowered the price of our trash pickup. The company P.C. contracted with has a much lower price than the company we use. Our company matched the price, so our trash bills went down (considerably) AND we get to recycle. We can recycle almost all our plastics, newspapers, cardboard, aluminum cans, cereal boxes, glass, motor oil, etc. We've got two big bags to set out tomorrow. Just doin' our part for the environment. We are without hot water right now...our hot water heater needs a new thermo-couple? It's a fair

Fun times with Lenore

While Lenore and Daniel were here, she had a library book panel at the Johnson County Library in Overland Park. So, on Tuesday afternoon, November 27th, Lenore, her friend Rachelle and I took off for KC. We had a great time visiting on the way up and back, and I didn't get tired at all driving! We stopped for a quick bite to eat at Arby's and filled up with gas at QT before heading to the library. It was an interesting panel featuring Bethany Hagen, author of Landry Park, which comes out next year; Gennifer Albin, author of Crewel, which was released a few months ago; and Lenore, whose book will be released on January 15. Here's the panel: Me & Lenore: Lenore & Rachelle: Gennifer, Bethany and Lenore