Skip to main content

Late Mother's Day & Brandon's Birthday

We met at Hap McLean Park in Park City today to have a family picnic celebration for Mother's Day and Brandon's 19th birthday! It was a beautiful day to play in the park. Corby, Kaitlin and I went up early to secure one of the good shelter areas. We lazed around, played on the swings a bit, and took a walk. Corby got the grill going, and once everyone showed up, it was talk, eat, talk, eat, talk! My sister Marilyn brought her granddaughter Aspen, who is 5. She is a live wire. Here she is with a bow adornment!My brother Mike and sister-in-law Diana got mom a new rosary. It was really beautiful. The one she had in her room at the nursing home disappeared. She got a couple of new shirts from my sisters, and I gave her a necklace and some bracelets. My brother Terry, and sister-in-law Sandy gave her a photo album with some beautiful pictures of her only great-granddaughter, Izzy. They had been to visit her in California (near San Francisco) a few weeks ago, and these were pictures from their trip. They printed them 8x8 size so mom could see them. It's too bad that they live so far away, as we've only seen Izzy in person once - when she and her mom and dad were here almost 2 years ago for Lenore and Daniel's wedding.

Brandon got some really cute cards, and some cash, which he definitely needs. We helped him buy a new phone yesterday. That was our birthday gift to him. We sang our family rendition of "Happy Birthday". It's become quite a joke with our family - none of us are accomplished singers - well - outside of my sister-in-law Sandy and Kaitlin - we mangle the song - actually some of the group sing way out of key on purpose. Let's put it this way - we are NOT a talented family like the Osmonds!

The twins had to go to work tonight, and I am trying to finish laundry and watching the Academy of Country Music awards. Not too surprised that Taylor Swift won Female Newcomer of the year. So far, not a lot of awards have been given out - but there's been lots of music. Not a big Kenny Chesney or George Strait fan. Give me Keith Urban, Blake Shelton, Rascal Flatts, Sugarland and Little Big Town any day!

I haven't done a quote in a while, so....here goes: "People don't care how much you know, until they know how much you care." -- Anonymous

Comments

Rockyn Robyn said…
your mother is adorable!
Jennifer Lynne said…
Looks like your mom had a great mother's day! And what a beautiful day for the park!
Chris said…
Such a beautiful day for the park or for a graduation!
Country Girl said…
reminds me of one of my fave quotes... courtesy of dr seuss... say what you feel - because those who matter don't mind - and those who mind don't matter.

twas a lovely day -- sounds like everyone had a great time! and aspen... what a cutie! :)
Anonymous said…
Whoops I was wrong on my last post. Brandon ALMOST got to share his b-day with his little cousin. lol Any way I hope he had a great day. And I know you are glad to have him home.

Hope to see you soon.
Deb

Popular posts from this blog

I-Pod Mania

I thought I'd do a post about all the artists I have on my Ipod. If you have no desire to know, STOP, READ NO FURTHER! I have a wide range of musical tastes, and this is only a partial list. There are also a lot of other artists out there that I want to add...maybe someday! Here goes: Air Supply, Alabama, Alison Krauss, Alter Bridge, Amy Grant, Amy Winehouse, Andy Gibb, The Anointed, Audio Adrenaline, Avalon, B.J. Thomas, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, Bad Company, Barbra Streisand, Barry Manilow, Bee Gees, Billy Dean, Billy Idol, Billy Ray Cyrus, Blake Shelton, Blessid Union of Souls, Blondie, Blue Oyster Cult, Bob Dylan, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Bonnie Raitt, Boston, Brad Paisley, Bread, Brooks & Dunn, Bruce Springsteen, Bryan Adams, Building 429, Caedmon's Call, Carly Simon, The Cars, Casting Crowns, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chris Tomlin, Cinderella, Clint Black, Collin Raye, The Commodores, Craig Morgan, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Cyndi Lauper, Damn Yankees, Dan Fogelberg, Dau

VACATION

On vacation for a few days (return to work on Thursday)...here's where I wish I was... I plan on enjoying some peace and quiet...and possibly, if I get motivated, getting some cleaning and organizing done in the office area of the basement. We'll see if that motivation arrives (it's not here yet)... Good news for Park City residents...recycling came to town the first of January. We are charged $4.00 month (added onto our already high water bill); but it has lowered the price of our trash pickup. The company P.C. contracted with has a much lower price than the company we use. Our company matched the price, so our trash bills went down (considerably) AND we get to recycle. We can recycle almost all our plastics, newspapers, cardboard, aluminum cans, cereal boxes, glass, motor oil, etc. We've got two big bags to set out tomorrow. Just doin' our part for the environment. We are without hot water right now...our hot water heater needs a new thermo-couple? It's a fair

Fun times with Lenore

While Lenore and Daniel were here, she had a library book panel at the Johnson County Library in Overland Park. So, on Tuesday afternoon, November 27th, Lenore, her friend Rachelle and I took off for KC. We had a great time visiting on the way up and back, and I didn't get tired at all driving! We stopped for a quick bite to eat at Arby's and filled up with gas at QT before heading to the library. It was an interesting panel featuring Bethany Hagen, author of Landry Park, which comes out next year; Gennifer Albin, author of Crewel, which was released a few months ago; and Lenore, whose book will be released on January 15. Here's the panel: Me & Lenore: Lenore & Rachelle: Gennifer, Bethany and Lenore