Skip to main content

Long Short Week!

I know it's been a shortened 4-day work week, but MAN, it felt like 10 days to me! I am SO glad it is Friday night!

The twins came down to work today and I took them to lunch at Schlotzsky's. We love that place, and very rarely have a chance to go there. They are a bit pricey for a sandwich shop, but yum, yum, good! We traded vehicles - Kaitlin left her truck for me so I could get some cabinets from work. When I went out with our building manager around 3:45 to load up the truck, it wouldn't start! We had to jump start it. Fortunately, when I finally left work about 5:15, it started right up. I was worried I was going to have to get it "jumped" again. We will replace the battery tomorrow.

Brandon is disappointed tonight. He was unable to get off work next Saturday for the Rockfest concert in Kansas City. He had already bought tickets for him and Kaleb, and his friend Owen was going too. Kaitlin and I were going to drop them off at the all day concert and do some shopping. At his old Dillons he just had to ask before the schedule was made up for the next week, but this Dillons requires 2 weeks notice. Since he just started on Tuesday, he doesn't want to do anything to "rock the boat". (I'm proud of him for that!) Fortunately, one of the girls at work wants to buy the tickets, so at least he will get his money back. He's now decided he'd like to go to the Foo Fighters concert in OKC in late July. I'll take him to that since he won't get to go to Rockfest.

Corby and Kaitlin went fishing tonight. Some daddy / daughter time! Brandon and I are hanging out together (Kaleb is working).

HAPPY 54th birthday to my sister RHONDA! We will celebrate with a family gathering at On The Border this Sunday.

I am listening to the newest Annie Lennox CD - Songs of Mass Destruction. AWESOME CD!

I've started keeping a list of books I've read. My niece Lenore has done this. I've read 1000's of books over the years, so I can only go back so far. I wish my kids would read more. Brandon will read books here and there, but the twins really only read Harry Potter books. I read to them from the time they were born, but I don't think any of them got my intense love of reading!

Today's quote: "If you want children to keep their feet on the ground, put some responsibility on their shoulders." -- Abigail Van Buren

Comments

Jennifer Lacy said…
wow - i love that quote! If you come to OKC - maybe we can meet for dinner and catch up!
Wish Rhonda a Happy Birthday for me - wish I could be there with you guys to celebrate.
I tagged you!

http://presentinglenore.blogspot.com/2008/05/favorite-author-meme.html

Popular posts from this blog

I-Pod Mania

I thought I'd do a post about all the artists I have on my Ipod. If you have no desire to know, STOP, READ NO FURTHER! I have a wide range of musical tastes, and this is only a partial list. There are also a lot of other artists out there that I want to add...maybe someday! Here goes: Air Supply, Alabama, Alison Krauss, Alter Bridge, Amy Grant, Amy Winehouse, Andy Gibb, The Anointed, Audio Adrenaline, Avalon, B.J. Thomas, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, Bad Company, Barbra Streisand, Barry Manilow, Bee Gees, Billy Dean, Billy Idol, Billy Ray Cyrus, Blake Shelton, Blessid Union of Souls, Blondie, Blue Oyster Cult, Bob Dylan, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Bonnie Raitt, Boston, Brad Paisley, Bread, Brooks & Dunn, Bruce Springsteen, Bryan Adams, Building 429, Caedmon's Call, Carly Simon, The Cars, Casting Crowns, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chris Tomlin, Cinderella, Clint Black, Collin Raye, The Commodores, Craig Morgan, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Cyndi Lauper, Damn Yankees, Dan Fogelberg, Dau

VACATION

On vacation for a few days (return to work on Thursday)...here's where I wish I was... I plan on enjoying some peace and quiet...and possibly, if I get motivated, getting some cleaning and organizing done in the office area of the basement. We'll see if that motivation arrives (it's not here yet)... Good news for Park City residents...recycling came to town the first of January. We are charged $4.00 month (added onto our already high water bill); but it has lowered the price of our trash pickup. The company P.C. contracted with has a much lower price than the company we use. Our company matched the price, so our trash bills went down (considerably) AND we get to recycle. We can recycle almost all our plastics, newspapers, cardboard, aluminum cans, cereal boxes, glass, motor oil, etc. We've got two big bags to set out tomorrow. Just doin' our part for the environment. We are without hot water right now...our hot water heater needs a new thermo-couple? It's a fair

Fun times with Lenore

While Lenore and Daniel were here, she had a library book panel at the Johnson County Library in Overland Park. So, on Tuesday afternoon, November 27th, Lenore, her friend Rachelle and I took off for KC. We had a great time visiting on the way up and back, and I didn't get tired at all driving! We stopped for a quick bite to eat at Arby's and filled up with gas at QT before heading to the library. It was an interesting panel featuring Bethany Hagen, author of Landry Park, which comes out next year; Gennifer Albin, author of Crewel, which was released a few months ago; and Lenore, whose book will be released on January 15. Here's the panel: Me & Lenore: Lenore & Rachelle: Gennifer, Bethany and Lenore