Skip to main content

3 out of 5 cars down AND new addition to the family

We are down to 2 vehicles right now - Kaitlin's and Brandon's. Of course I've already mentioned the transmission on my Hyundai. While driving Kaleb's Sunfire on Tuesday, taking mom home from a doctor's appointment, his car started dying. This happened right after he first got it, and we had to replace the fuel filter. Corby replaced it again last night, and it seemed fine. (more on his car later). Then, while driving to work this morning, the water pump on Corby's Sunfire went out, so we will have to have it towed home tomorrow. Corby can replace it himself, thank goodness.

Kaleb, Kaitlin and I went to the Humane Society this morning and got a new kitty!We're thinking about naming her Abby, and she's a tabby! She is 11 weeks old and quite lovable. They were having a 2 for 1 sale, at half price ($45), but Corby & I decided one more cat was enough! We are introducing her slowly to Muffin. Right now they are at the stage of Muffin hissing and growling at Abby, while Abby just looks at her. It will take a couple of days for them to adjust to each other, but I think they'll be fine. Kaitlin is keeping Abby in her room for now. She's already used the litter box a couple of times, so that's good. We went and showed Abby to Corby at work on our way home from the Humane Society, and on the way home from there, Kaleb's car started acting up again. It kept dying on us, but we finally got home. Corby will have to replace the fuel pump on HIS car! So - it looks like Saturday will be a big day for car repairs around here. It would be nice if we could win the lottery and we'd just drive all 3 of these cars off a cliff - HA!

I've been furiously working in my basement, and I will be posting before, during and after pictures when I'm totally done. I'm about 3/4 of the way through, but will be stopping tomorrow to have a garage sale. This was rather spur of the moment, but I've got so much scrapbooking and stamping stuff to get rid of that I thought I'd try a sale. I'm also going to try to sell some of my Longaberger baskets. If I don't sell any that's fine, I'll go back to selling them on E-bay, which I've been fairly successful at. I have books, VHS movies, CD's and other misc. stuff to get rid of. I know it's going to be really hot tomorrow, so I will probably only stay open until mid-afternoon unless I have good foot traffic. We'll see how it goes. I missed the Park City city-wide sale a few weeks ago when I took the kids to KC for Rockfest.

I've finished several books over the last few days: my Wendy Corsi Staub book - very good - I think I'll pick up a few more of hers; What Looks Like Crazy by Charlotte Hughes - very easy read, not much depth, but pretty good and I am currently reading "Belong to Me" by Marisa de los Santos. I've only read about 80 pages so far, but it's quite good so far. These are the books I needed to finish before Lenore gets here on July 5th, so I'll easily make it.

Brandon has turned me on to a good band - Shinedown. He got their new CD on Tuesday, and I really like it. And of course, we're getting close to being "Rascal Flatted out" with Kaitlin's incessant playing of their music. She put pictures from their Dallas concert on a CD with pictures from last year's OKC concert, and had them printed at Leeker's. She had over 200 pictures printed, so of course had to buy photo albums to put them in. She's taken some great pictures, and I know she will always treasure them!

Gotta run. Time to pick up the hubby from work. Keep your fingers crossed that nothing happens to our last 2 running vehicles!

Comments

Rockyn Robyn said…
I'm not a cat fan, but thats cute!
Jennifer Lacy said…
ahhhhh love abby the tabby!! i want to kiss her little kitten nose but hey, that's how i roll!
Chris said…
I think Abby is a perfect name. Hope you get the car situation straightened out. You're so lucky you have a husband who can work on your cars. I'm jealous!
Heather rules said…
I wish Justin would let me get another cat, but he won't.

I hate to say this Linda, but you guys have some bad luck with cars. That stinks. It will all work out.
Oooh can't wait to visit Abby :) I will definitely have kitty withdrawal while I am away from Emmy.

Popular posts from this blog

I-Pod Mania

I thought I'd do a post about all the artists I have on my Ipod. If you have no desire to know, STOP, READ NO FURTHER! I have a wide range of musical tastes, and this is only a partial list. There are also a lot of other artists out there that I want to add...maybe someday! Here goes: Air Supply, Alabama, Alison Krauss, Alter Bridge, Amy Grant, Amy Winehouse, Andy Gibb, The Anointed, Audio Adrenaline, Avalon, B.J. Thomas, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, Bad Company, Barbra Streisand, Barry Manilow, Bee Gees, Billy Dean, Billy Idol, Billy Ray Cyrus, Blake Shelton, Blessid Union of Souls, Blondie, Blue Oyster Cult, Bob Dylan, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Bonnie Raitt, Boston, Brad Paisley, Bread, Brooks & Dunn, Bruce Springsteen, Bryan Adams, Building 429, Caedmon's Call, Carly Simon, The Cars, Casting Crowns, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chris Tomlin, Cinderella, Clint Black, Collin Raye, The Commodores, Craig Morgan, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Cyndi Lauper, Damn Yankees, Dan Fogelberg, Dau

VACATION

On vacation for a few days (return to work on Thursday)...here's where I wish I was... I plan on enjoying some peace and quiet...and possibly, if I get motivated, getting some cleaning and organizing done in the office area of the basement. We'll see if that motivation arrives (it's not here yet)... Good news for Park City residents...recycling came to town the first of January. We are charged $4.00 month (added onto our already high water bill); but it has lowered the price of our trash pickup. The company P.C. contracted with has a much lower price than the company we use. Our company matched the price, so our trash bills went down (considerably) AND we get to recycle. We can recycle almost all our plastics, newspapers, cardboard, aluminum cans, cereal boxes, glass, motor oil, etc. We've got two big bags to set out tomorrow. Just doin' our part for the environment. We are without hot water right now...our hot water heater needs a new thermo-couple? It's a fair

Fun times with Lenore

While Lenore and Daniel were here, she had a library book panel at the Johnson County Library in Overland Park. So, on Tuesday afternoon, November 27th, Lenore, her friend Rachelle and I took off for KC. We had a great time visiting on the way up and back, and I didn't get tired at all driving! We stopped for a quick bite to eat at Arby's and filled up with gas at QT before heading to the library. It was an interesting panel featuring Bethany Hagen, author of Landry Park, which comes out next year; Gennifer Albin, author of Crewel, which was released a few months ago; and Lenore, whose book will be released on January 15. Here's the panel: Me & Lenore: Lenore & Rachelle: Gennifer, Bethany and Lenore