Skip to main content

Family and Cats!

My niece Lenore (visit her blog - click "Presenting Lenore" at the side) is visiting from Germany. She is so sweet - she brought me some books, some German candy (what I've tried so far is YUMMY!) and some wonderful body cream! I gave her a couple of books and a Longaberger magazine basket. She had asked me several months ago if I had any baskets for magazines, so I decided to gift her with the basket. I am down-sizing my collection, and was more than happy to give it to her. We took Lenore and my nephew, Nick, to Cheddar's for dinner last night. Even though Nick now lives in Wichita (formerly of Lawrence and Topeka) we don't get to see him often because of his work schedule. So it was great to see both of them last night. Here we are at dinner - note the margaritas that Lenore and I were drinking. Well, I drank mine and half of hers since she was driving (and I wasn't). We had a wonderful time, and will be seeing them again this weekend before she heads back to Germany next Tuesday.

And I had to post this picture that Corby took of Muffin and Abby.I knew the growling and hissing (from Muffin) would go away after a few days - and it did - but I didn't think they'd become such good buddies so quickly! They still get a little feisty with each other occasionally, but more often than not they are snuggled up together, or playing together! Gotta love those kitties! Well, I'm not too sure about our outdoor cat, Sugar, right now. I was very excited to see her yesterday morning because she had disappeared on the morning of the 4th and we hadn't seen her. She usually stays pretty close to home, so being gone for 4 days is highly unusual. We were wondering if she'd gotten run over, but when I opened the garage door yesterday morning there she was - no injuries, just strutted in like she hadn't been gone for 4 days. Sugar is a mouser, and we love that about her, because it keeps those pesky things out of our house. Occasionally she'll bring home a baby bird (or what's left), and once before she got a baby rabbit. Well, when Corby went in the garage this morning, she had brought us a medium sized rabbit, minus the head. GROSSSSSSSS! It even grossed him out. She's definitely proud when she makes her kills because she brings the carcasses home for us! EWWWWW!

And a quote for this muggy Wednesday: "You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face...You must do the thing you think you cannot do." -- Eleanor Roosevelt

Comments

jenny said…
That is a sweet picture of Muffin and Abby so glad they are getting along - that can be rough. And I think I need one of those margaritas!

Loved, loved, loved the quote, Linda!!! It is so very true.
Love that kitty pic! And of course I enjoyed our dinner :)
Heather rules said…
That pic is too cute. Glad you are getting some time to enjoy your family.

Popular posts from this blog

I-Pod Mania

I thought I'd do a post about all the artists I have on my Ipod. If you have no desire to know, STOP, READ NO FURTHER! I have a wide range of musical tastes, and this is only a partial list. There are also a lot of other artists out there that I want to add...maybe someday! Here goes: Air Supply, Alabama, Alison Krauss, Alter Bridge, Amy Grant, Amy Winehouse, Andy Gibb, The Anointed, Audio Adrenaline, Avalon, B.J. Thomas, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, Bad Company, Barbra Streisand, Barry Manilow, Bee Gees, Billy Dean, Billy Idol, Billy Ray Cyrus, Blake Shelton, Blessid Union of Souls, Blondie, Blue Oyster Cult, Bob Dylan, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Bonnie Raitt, Boston, Brad Paisley, Bread, Brooks & Dunn, Bruce Springsteen, Bryan Adams, Building 429, Caedmon's Call, Carly Simon, The Cars, Casting Crowns, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chris Tomlin, Cinderella, Clint Black, Collin Raye, The Commodores, Craig Morgan, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Cyndi Lauper, Damn Yankees, Dan Fogelberg, Dau

Fun times with Lenore

While Lenore and Daniel were here, she had a library book panel at the Johnson County Library in Overland Park. So, on Tuesday afternoon, November 27th, Lenore, her friend Rachelle and I took off for KC. We had a great time visiting on the way up and back, and I didn't get tired at all driving! We stopped for a quick bite to eat at Arby's and filled up with gas at QT before heading to the library. It was an interesting panel featuring Bethany Hagen, author of Landry Park, which comes out next year; Gennifer Albin, author of Crewel, which was released a few months ago; and Lenore, whose book will be released on January 15. Here's the panel: Me & Lenore: Lenore & Rachelle: Gennifer, Bethany and Lenore

K-STATE WINS!

K-STATE beat KU! AWESOME! It was a tense game. Corby is a huge KU fan, and even having a son at K-State hasn't changed that. I am happy when any Kansas team does well; but I had to root for K-State tonight. If the Jayhawks had to lose, I'm glad it was to K-State. Michael Beasley is a great player, and my only concern is that he will leave after his freshman year and go pro. WAY TO GO CATS!