Skip to main content

STUPID FEET!

Yep, if you see me the next 3 weeks, I'll be wearing these tennies (or a black pair). I've had something funky going on with my right foot for several months. I have shooting pains and soreness on the TOP of my foot. It came and went, so I didn't do anything about it. About a month ago, I noticed that the top part of my foot in between my big toe and the 2nd toe - was NUMB! Okay, I started thinking maybe I should go to the doctor and get it checked out. I'm not one of those people who run to the doctor for anything, so it took me a few weeks before I finally made the appointment. Well, I have some sort of inflammation that is causing the pain and numbness. My doc, who is my age, and a really cool guy (except that he graduated from North-sorry all you North alumni) asked me if I'd been wearing flip flops and flats all the time. Well, duh! It's summer dude! Actually, I wear flats 99.9% of the time anyway because I can't wear heels. Yeah, that's another story. Ask to see my bunions sometime. Okay, I digress. He gave me some prescription strength motrin for the pain (c'mon folks, it was only $3.25 - cheaper than buying it at Walmart) and told me I have to wear my tennies (because they have an arch) for 3 weeks, from the time I get up in the morning until I go to bed at night. That's tough for me, because the minute I walk in the door at night, my shoes are the first thing that come off. (The bra is usually 2nd - HA!). If this doesn't fix the problem, I'll probably have to go to a podiatrist for more treatment. I hope I don't have to buy those little old lady shoes! I know I'm getting close to being a little old lady, but I thought I had a few good years left! Anyway, if you see me at work or out and about, I'll be the dork wearing skirts or capris with tennies. I tried wearing jeans to work yesterday and it was TOO DAMN HOT!

After finishing another Kristin Hannah book (she's a new favorite author) I started the Stephenie Meyer book "Twilight" last night. It's the first book in her Twilight Series about a teenage girl and a vampire. One of my friends is hooked on the series, and I've been reading all the hype in magazines and online for a while. I happened to pick up the first book "Twilight" while walking through Target the other night. I like to open a book and read the first couple of paragraphs to see if it grabs me. Well, it grabbed me, so I bought it. I didn't get much read last night, but so far I'm enjoying it.

Got together with Brandon's dorm roommate and soon to be apartment roommate, Brady, and his family on Monday night. We went over the things Brady has, what Brandon has, and what's left to get. That way we're not buying the same things that are easy to share - vacuum, chairs, dining room table, etc. Brady's uncle and aunt live in Manhattan, and they are giving the boys a dining room table and possibly a couch. We think they'll start out with a couple of old chairs and some bagged lawn chairs. If they decide later they want his couch they can go get it. We head to Manhattan next Sat., Aug. 2 to get them moved in. Gonna miss that big boy of mine, but I know it will be easier to see him go this year than it was last year.

I'll finish with some lyrics from a Barry Manilow song - All The Time. This is a song you've probably never heard if you're not a fan. But it's lyrically my favorite song of his:

"All the time I thought
There's only me
Crazy in a way
That no one else could be
I would have given everything I own
If someone would have said you're not alone

All the time I thought
That I was wrong
Wanting to be me, but needing to belong
If I had just believed in all I had
If someone would have said you're not so bad

All the time, all the wasted time
All the years, waiting for a sign
To think I had it all
All the time

All the time I thought
There's only me
Crazy in a way that no one else could be
I can't believe that you were somewhere too
Thinking all the time there's only you

All the time, all the wasted time
All the years, waiting for a sign
To think I had it all
All the time"

Comments

Heather rules said…
I wondered who that dork was wearing a skirt and tennis shoes the other day. HEHE. Just kidding!
Chris said…
Those are GREAT lyrics, Linda. And welcome to the People with Foot Problems Club (PFPC). I'm right there with you!
you're funny! sorry about the shoes. i was having problems like that but after i had my hyst, it all went away. weird, huh? now i wears heels everyday!
Jennifer Lynne said…
Well, it's a good thing the new dress code thing came out for me since I normally wear flip flops everyday myself. :-( I know they are bad for you to wear everyday but I love them.
Cowgirl said…
look at the bright side... at least you don't have to wear your bra all day and evening too. ;)

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: The Lost Girls by Allison Brennan

THE LOST GIRLS
by ALLISON BRENNAN
St. Martin's Press
November 1, 2016
5 STARS

Love Brennan's Lucy Kincaid series!

Siobhan Walsh has been looking for two sisters who disappeared 2 years ago. She feels responsible, so when she gets a phone call from a Texas priest, who has found an abandoned newborn with a locket nearby that she'd given one of the girls; she goes to Texas in hopes of finding them. She calls in her FBI friends, including Lucy Kincaid, and the search is on. Meanwhile, Lucy's fiance, Sean, has an unexpected visit from a former girlfriend. Her husband, and the 12 year old son he never knew he had, have disappeared in Mexico. So it's time for the Rogan family to find out what's going on.

This is a suspenseful, hard-to-put-down book, so hang on for the ride! Be prepared for a human trafficking story that is hard to stomach, and more than likely, all too true in this day and age. Mexican cartels, murder and mayhem. This book has it all.

Entertainment Weekly "REVISITED"

(thanks for the REVISITED idea, Robyn!)

Okay, I posted last week a blog entry about Entertainment Weekly's Top 100 Movies of the last 25 years. Now I'm going to post their Top 10 TV Shows, and my Top 10 TV Shows...

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY'S TOP 10:
1. The Simpson's - don't like, never watch
2. The Sopranos - never watched
3. Seinfeld - don't like, not a Seinfeld fan
4. The X-Files - never watched
5. Sex and the City - never watched (do you see a pattern here?)
6. Survivor - UGH - I HATE ALMOST ALL REALITY SHOWS!
7. The Cosby Show - I would put this in my Top 20, but probably not my Top 10
8. Lost - never watched
9. Friends - HATED!
10. Buffy the Vampire Slayer - never watched

Obviously you can see my tastes are definitely not the same as the EW reviewer's.

Here's my Top 10:
1. Miami Vice - I still drool over Don Johnson
2. Golden Girls - consistently funny, and I love Sophia!
3. Scarecrow and Mrs. King - Bruce Boxleitner was one HOT dude!
4. CSI Miami - great cast! great st…
The Nanny Arrangement
by Rachel Harris
May 22, 2017
Entangled Publishing



Hannah has been best friends with Deacon for years, ever since she befriended him and he became her protector. Now she's been asked to be the nanny for Deacon's son, while he's embarking on a tour with a famous country band. Hannah has loved him for years, and she's determined to make him see her as more than a best friend. Do her tactics work? Does Deacon's upbringing (absent dad, alcoholic mother) prevent him from being able to maintain a relationship?

I loved the interaction that Hannah had with Deacon, as well as his band-mates wives and girlfriends. First book I've read by Harris, and I enjoyed it so much that I need to go back and read You're Still The One, the first book in the series.