Skip to main content

STYX STILL ROCKS!

It's been "PARTY" time since Friday! The STYX / KANSAS concert on Friday night was STUPENDOUS! You all know I'm a huge STYX fan, and they continue to rock - even though they are all in their 50's now! Hey, that's a good crowd to be in, huh? Anyway, Kaleb and Kaitlin were not too into Kansas, but they were still pretty good. They haven't aged as well as Styx, but they still know how to rock 'n roll! I wasn't sure if Steve Walsh, their main lead singer, was touring with them again, but he was. Melody and I made several comments about him - if you had ever seen them back in the late 70's, early 80's, you would remember him as always jumping around and kicking his legs out as he played the keyboards. He's fairly sedentary now, but it was still good to hear his voice. STYX, however, still sounds the same - GREAT! And they still know how to entertain. Kansas played for about an hour, and STYX played for 1 3/4 hours - pretty good for $30! Tommy Shaw, for such a little guy, is pretty darn buff! And it was good to see JY - James Young. I saw recently that his wife was suffering from a brain aneurysm and he wasn't performing in all their concerts. She must be doing better since he was there! The twins thought Styx was great! I've now been to a Styx concert with all my kids - Brandon and I went to see them 3 or 4 years ago!

Here's Melody and the twins gearing up for the concert:
And here's me and Melody. Yes, that's a beer in my hand. But at $3.50 ea. that was the ONLY one:Here's Kansas:
AND STYX:
Last night was Blake Shelton - Mr. Long - Lean - and HUNKY!
and Gary Allen - Mr. Smoldering! (Check out the guitarist in the kilt!)I'm a big Blake Shelton fan, so we really enjoyed him. Gary Allen is really good too, but I don't know if it was the fact that it was the last half of two nights of concerts in a row, or if it was the drunk idiots behind us that ruined it for me, but we ended up leaving his show a bit early. Still, another good concert for $30!

We actually did other things at the fair too, like eat mozzarella sticks:
checked out the petting zoo:and the twins rode some rides, some wilder than the tilt-a-whirl, but I couldn't get good pictures on those:Still no word on the Saturn. I imagine I'll hear something from ---- Sales tomorrow. And if it's not a reasonable solution to the problem, you'll probably hear my roar all around the midwest!

Finished "Smoke Screen" by Sandra Brown, and am now ready to start "Breaking Dawn" by Stephenie Meyer.

We've sure been enjoying this beautiful weather! I'm glad the rain has stopped, but love the COOLness!

My brother, Terry and sister-in-law, Sandy, left for Germany yesterday afternoon for a 2 week vacation to visit my niece, Lenore and her husband, Daniel. They will do some other traveling while there, including a trip to France. Maybe someday we will get to visit Lenore while they are still in Germany.

Cute, quick story about mom: She called this morning around 8:45 to tell me there was no TV WEEK in her friend's paper (at the nursing home). You see, this friend gives TV WEEK to mom every week so she will know what's on TV in the evenings to watch. After telling her where to look for it, they still couldn't find it. I had to make a run to Walmart anyway, so I grabbed our TV WEEK and headed over there. By the time I got there they had found it. CRISIS AVERTED!

And a quote for this cool beautiful Sunday: "Life isn't written in stone. It's about editing and revising until we become the person we dreamed of being." -- Faith Sullivan

Comments

Heather rules said…
Sounds like you had a great weekend. I promise I was not the drunk sitting behind you during Gary Allan. ;o)
Jennifer Lynne said…
You got a lot of great pictures!

Popular posts from this blog

I-Pod Mania

I thought I'd do a post about all the artists I have on my Ipod. If you have no desire to know, STOP, READ NO FURTHER! I have a wide range of musical tastes, and this is only a partial list. There are also a lot of other artists out there that I want to add...maybe someday! Here goes: Air Supply, Alabama, Alison Krauss, Alter Bridge, Amy Grant, Amy Winehouse, Andy Gibb, The Anointed, Audio Adrenaline, Avalon, B.J. Thomas, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, Bad Company, Barbra Streisand, Barry Manilow, Bee Gees, Billy Dean, Billy Idol, Billy Ray Cyrus, Blake Shelton, Blessid Union of Souls, Blondie, Blue Oyster Cult, Bob Dylan, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Bonnie Raitt, Boston, Brad Paisley, Bread, Brooks & Dunn, Bruce Springsteen, Bryan Adams, Building 429, Caedmon's Call, Carly Simon, The Cars, Casting Crowns, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chris Tomlin, Cinderella, Clint Black, Collin Raye, The Commodores, Craig Morgan, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Cyndi Lauper, Damn Yankees, Dan Fogelberg, Dau

VACATION

On vacation for a few days (return to work on Thursday)...here's where I wish I was... I plan on enjoying some peace and quiet...and possibly, if I get motivated, getting some cleaning and organizing done in the office area of the basement. We'll see if that motivation arrives (it's not here yet)... Good news for Park City residents...recycling came to town the first of January. We are charged $4.00 month (added onto our already high water bill); but it has lowered the price of our trash pickup. The company P.C. contracted with has a much lower price than the company we use. Our company matched the price, so our trash bills went down (considerably) AND we get to recycle. We can recycle almost all our plastics, newspapers, cardboard, aluminum cans, cereal boxes, glass, motor oil, etc. We've got two big bags to set out tomorrow. Just doin' our part for the environment. We are without hot water right now...our hot water heater needs a new thermo-couple? It's a fair

Fun times with Lenore

While Lenore and Daniel were here, she had a library book panel at the Johnson County Library in Overland Park. So, on Tuesday afternoon, November 27th, Lenore, her friend Rachelle and I took off for KC. We had a great time visiting on the way up and back, and I didn't get tired at all driving! We stopped for a quick bite to eat at Arby's and filled up with gas at QT before heading to the library. It was an interesting panel featuring Bethany Hagen, author of Landry Park, which comes out next year; Gennifer Albin, author of Crewel, which was released a few months ago; and Lenore, whose book will be released on January 15. Here's the panel: Me & Lenore: Lenore & Rachelle: Gennifer, Bethany and Lenore