Skip to main content

Day 2 & 3 of vacation

I'm really enjoying my vacation. Yesterday was a busy day. Kaitlin and I went over to see my sister Rhonda. She's taking a few days vacation this week too. I managed to get a couple of pictures of her cats. Allie was very cooperative:but it took me awhile to get a good picture of Rascal. She just wasn't in the mood to have her picture taken.I also met my best friend Melody at Abuelo's for dinner. Well, we never really ate dinner - just had some margaritas, chips, salsa, queso and guacamole, and a wonderful 2 hour visit! My camera batteries died while I was at Rhonda's, so I don't have any pictures of my evening to post.

Today I spent all morning working on our taxes. I got ours and the twins done. Will have to do Brandon's later, as I won't get his paperwork until we see him this weekend. We are headed to Manhattan on Friday for a school visit for Kaleb, and then we're going to look around for a house, apartment, duplex, mobile home, etc. for the kids to live in this fall. Brandon will then follow us home Friday evening and will be home for the weekend. YIPPEE!

This afternoon Kaitlin and I got haircuts and then did some shopping at Target and Scrapbook Garden. I need to get busy with their graduation scrapbooks. I'm going to do something similar to the book I did for Brandon:I had the book ready for his graduation party, and had people sign the book as they came in. Then I went back later and filled in pictures from the party of friends and family who signed the book.

Here are some things I picked up at Scrapbook Garden:Just got the final bill from their caps, gowns, graduation announcements, etc. Damn, it's expensive having two graduate at the same time! I think the tax refund is going to come in handy...

I'm just about finished with my latest book, Shelter Mountain, by Robyn Carr. Next on my list is Whispering Rock, the third in her series about a small town called Virgin River. I am really enjoying these books. I think I've found another author I like. I'll have to check out some of her older books.

Tomorrow I am hoping to get a few phone calls made, and then have the rest of the day for just me! I need to get caught up on my Project 365 (I'm scrapbooking a picture a day)...other than that I don't have any set plans (as of right now anyway).

Today's music was Kaitlin's choice as we did our running around - Barry Manilow's Greatest Hits! Yes, I'm a "Fanilow" and proud of it. Kaitlin has grown up with his music, so we were both singing along! Great time with my daughter. I've got to enjoy these outings with her now, because come fall I'm going to be so lonely without the kids! Shhhh-don't tell Corby I said that. I love him to death, but...Honestly, I have a wonderful relationship with all three of my kids, but Kaitlin and I can do the "girl" things together - and have great fun all the time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I-Pod Mania

I thought I'd do a post about all the artists I have on my Ipod. If you have no desire to know, STOP, READ NO FURTHER! I have a wide range of musical tastes, and this is only a partial list. There are also a lot of other artists out there that I want to add...maybe someday! Here goes: Air Supply, Alabama, Alison Krauss, Alter Bridge, Amy Grant, Amy Winehouse, Andy Gibb, The Anointed, Audio Adrenaline, Avalon, B.J. Thomas, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, Bad Company, Barbra Streisand, Barry Manilow, Bee Gees, Billy Dean, Billy Idol, Billy Ray Cyrus, Blake Shelton, Blessid Union of Souls, Blondie, Blue Oyster Cult, Bob Dylan, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Bonnie Raitt, Boston, Brad Paisley, Bread, Brooks & Dunn, Bruce Springsteen, Bryan Adams, Building 429, Caedmon's Call, Carly Simon, The Cars, Casting Crowns, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chris Tomlin, Cinderella, Clint Black, Collin Raye, The Commodores, Craig Morgan, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Cyndi Lauper, Damn Yankees, Dan Fogelberg, Dau

Fun times with Lenore

While Lenore and Daniel were here, she had a library book panel at the Johnson County Library in Overland Park. So, on Tuesday afternoon, November 27th, Lenore, her friend Rachelle and I took off for KC. We had a great time visiting on the way up and back, and I didn't get tired at all driving! We stopped for a quick bite to eat at Arby's and filled up with gas at QT before heading to the library. It was an interesting panel featuring Bethany Hagen, author of Landry Park, which comes out next year; Gennifer Albin, author of Crewel, which was released a few months ago; and Lenore, whose book will be released on January 15. Here's the panel: Me & Lenore: Lenore & Rachelle: Gennifer, Bethany and Lenore

K-STATE WINS!

K-STATE beat KU! AWESOME! It was a tense game. Corby is a huge KU fan, and even having a son at K-State hasn't changed that. I am happy when any Kansas team does well; but I had to root for K-State tonight. If the Jayhawks had to lose, I'm glad it was to K-State. Michael Beasley is a great player, and my only concern is that he will leave after his freshman year and go pro. WAY TO GO CATS!