Skip to main content

Mom is Set!

The thought of conversion to digital TV has been traumatic for mom. She has a routine, and whenever her routine is upset, she tends to freak out. Well, the transition to digital TV has been worrying her for months now. Her TV just had rabbit ears, so I bought the digital converter box and we tried to hook it up for her on Saturday. However, hooking it up meant she was going to have to use the remote control that came with the box. With her poor vision, I had bought her a really big remote at Envision a couple of years ago. She knew she wouldn't be able to handle a smaller remote. So, this morning I called cable, and lo and behold, they were able to come out this afternoon and get her set up! Kaleb, Kaitlin and I went to Sam's to pick up some necessities, ate lunch at Chili's (a special treat since they were out of school and I was on vacation) and then we went to mom's to wait for the cable guy to get there. We had a wonderful two hour + visit, and I took some pics:Once the guy got her cable hooked up, she was ecstatic! She has more channels to choose from, and while her short-term memory loss messes with her ability to change channels sometimes, I think we got her set up with the channels she will watch the most. The most exciting thing for her -- besides knowing her TV was not going to go blank tomorrow night? She can watch reruns of Walker, Texas Ranger. Yes, she is a huge Chuck Norris fan! Walker comes on quite often on the Hallmark channel, so she is set! She REALLY LOVES US NOW! HA! I'm just glad she doesn't have to worry any more. She's such a worry wart. She worries about everything! One of her friends at the nursing home, Ernestine, told me she'd help her change channels if she got confused! There you go MOM! Your TV will NOT GO DARK!

Today's book: Shelter Mounter by Robyn Carr. It's the second in a series by this author.

Today's music was Sugarland. Kaitlin picked it out for our running around today.

And another quote (yes I love to collect them): "Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing." -- Mother Teresa

Comments

Lenore said…
I cannot get a through a whole episode of Walker Texas Ranger. Just no.
Linda J said…
yeah, I don't much care for it either, but for some reason Mom just loves it!
Peggy said…
I have to admit that I like Walker Texas Ranger - most of the episodes are the same, but good always prevail :-)

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: The Lost Girls by Allison Brennan

THE LOST GIRLS
by ALLISON BRENNAN
St. Martin's Press
November 1, 2016
5 STARS

Love Brennan's Lucy Kincaid series!

Siobhan Walsh has been looking for two sisters who disappeared 2 years ago. She feels responsible, so when she gets a phone call from a Texas priest, who has found an abandoned newborn with a locket nearby that she'd given one of the girls; she goes to Texas in hopes of finding them. She calls in her FBI friends, including Lucy Kincaid, and the search is on. Meanwhile, Lucy's fiance, Sean, has an unexpected visit from a former girlfriend. Her husband, and the 12 year old son he never knew he had, have disappeared in Mexico. So it's time for the Rogan family to find out what's going on.

This is a suspenseful, hard-to-put-down book, so hang on for the ride! Be prepared for a human trafficking story that is hard to stomach, and more than likely, all too true in this day and age. Mexican cartels, murder and mayhem. This book has it all.
The Nanny Arrangement
by Rachel Harris
May 22, 2017
Entangled Publishing



Hannah has been best friends with Deacon for years, ever since she befriended him and he became her protector. Now she's been asked to be the nanny for Deacon's son, while he's embarking on a tour with a famous country band. Hannah has loved him for years, and she's determined to make him see her as more than a best friend. Do her tactics work? Does Deacon's upbringing (absent dad, alcoholic mother) prevent him from being able to maintain a relationship?

I loved the interaction that Hannah had with Deacon, as well as his band-mates wives and girlfriends. First book I've read by Harris, and I enjoyed it so much that I need to go back and read You're Still The One, the first book in the series.

Life Goes On

Life changed for me on July 17, 2017. I was laid off from the place I worked for almost 41 years.

I wasn't totally surprised. After all, layoffs have become the norm at newspapers. I was hoping I could make it at least another year.

But...alas...I didn't.

The Wichita Eagle has been my home and my life for so long. I started just after I turned 20 years old. Back in the good old days. What have I done over the years?

Job 1 - Classified Ad Taker
Job 2 - Classified Ad Support Staff
Job 3 - Ad Services Head Typist
Job 4 - Newspaper Layout Assistant
Job 5 - Production Director Secretary
Job 6 - VP/Operations Administrative Assistant
Job 7 - Executive Administrative Assistant and Layout Coordinator
Job 8 - Page Layout Manager
Job 9 - Prepress Manager
Job 10 - Advertising Customer Service Manager

There are other job duties in between all of these milestones. I dedicated my heart and soul to the Eagle. I started when I was so young. I met my husband while I worked there. I had all three of my child…