Skip to main content

My New Car (not really!)

We took Kaitlin's truck to the body shop on Monday to have the damage from her (very) minor wreck (in the Heights parking lot) fixed. Since it was the other teen's fault, his insurance agency paid for a rental while her truck was being fixed - and since she doesn't turn 18 until this Sunday, I got to drive the rental. Yep - here's my new 2009 Toyota Camry...
Okay, so I already had to give it back yesterday. But I thoroughly enjoyed driving it. It was a very nice car! I put one on my Christmas list for Corby. (HA!)

It's been a difficult week at work. We had more layoffs announced on Monday, as well as some people going from full time to part time. Along with that a pay cut will be put into effect in April. I am happy that I still have a job, but I feel bad for co-workers and friends who will be looking for work come March 23rd. My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone affected.

And the weather has been unbelievable for the last 4 or 5 days. Beautiful weather Sunday and Monday, and then it turned cold and crappy on Tuesday and has been that way ever since. Our poor Bradford Pear tree doesn't know whether to bloom or not.Today's music would have been the new Kelly Clarkson CD, but for some reason, our mailman wouldn't leave the package from Amazon. I've ordered LOTS of stuff from Amazon over the last couple of years, and if it doesn't fit in the mailbox they leave it on the front porch. For some reason the mailman left us a ticket saying we could pick it up. And the closest PO is on North Arkansas! No way! I put the ticket back in the mailbox telling them to leave it on the porch like they always do. We'll see if I get it tomorrow!

Not much interest in our house in the Big 12 basketball tournament since KU lost this afternoon and K-State lost late this afternoon. Who really cares at this point?

Looking forward to having Brandon home. He'll be home on Saturday for a week for spring break. And we'll be celebrating the twins 18th birthday on Sunday. I CANNOT BELIEVE MY BABIES WILL BE 18!!!!

Also, I'm excited to announce that sometime soon I will have a new header on my blog, designed by Daniel, my niece Lenore's husband. However, he is very busy working on the final artwork for his first children's picture book. They are due the end of April. Thanks in advance to Daniel (he's quite a guy!) and to Lenore (she's quite a gal!)!

Comments

jenny said…
Pretty sweet ride! Too bad it has to go back. I was very sad to hear about the layoff too. Hopefully everyone will land on their feet.
Tell the twins happy birthday from Daniel, me and Emmy :)

Popular posts from this blog

I-Pod Mania

I thought I'd do a post about all the artists I have on my Ipod. If you have no desire to know, STOP, READ NO FURTHER! I have a wide range of musical tastes, and this is only a partial list. There are also a lot of other artists out there that I want to add...maybe someday! Here goes: Air Supply, Alabama, Alison Krauss, Alter Bridge, Amy Grant, Amy Winehouse, Andy Gibb, The Anointed, Audio Adrenaline, Avalon, B.J. Thomas, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, Bad Company, Barbra Streisand, Barry Manilow, Bee Gees, Billy Dean, Billy Idol, Billy Ray Cyrus, Blake Shelton, Blessid Union of Souls, Blondie, Blue Oyster Cult, Bob Dylan, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Bonnie Raitt, Boston, Brad Paisley, Bread, Brooks & Dunn, Bruce Springsteen, Bryan Adams, Building 429, Caedmon's Call, Carly Simon, The Cars, Casting Crowns, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chris Tomlin, Cinderella, Clint Black, Collin Raye, The Commodores, Craig Morgan, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Cyndi Lauper, Damn Yankees, Dan Fogelberg, Dau

Fun times with Lenore

While Lenore and Daniel were here, she had a library book panel at the Johnson County Library in Overland Park. So, on Tuesday afternoon, November 27th, Lenore, her friend Rachelle and I took off for KC. We had a great time visiting on the way up and back, and I didn't get tired at all driving! We stopped for a quick bite to eat at Arby's and filled up with gas at QT before heading to the library. It was an interesting panel featuring Bethany Hagen, author of Landry Park, which comes out next year; Gennifer Albin, author of Crewel, which was released a few months ago; and Lenore, whose book will be released on January 15. Here's the panel: Me & Lenore: Lenore & Rachelle: Gennifer, Bethany and Lenore

K-STATE WINS!

K-STATE beat KU! AWESOME! It was a tense game. Corby is a huge KU fan, and even having a son at K-State hasn't changed that. I am happy when any Kansas team does well; but I had to root for K-State tonight. If the Jayhawks had to lose, I'm glad it was to K-State. Michael Beasley is a great player, and my only concern is that he will leave after his freshman year and go pro. WAY TO GO CATS!