Skip to main content

I Want Spring!

What's the deal with these mid 80's temps? I don't want to go straight to summer and using air conditioning. I kind of like spring when I don't have to pay high heating or electric bills...

My current book read: Look Again by Lisa Scottoline (a new favorite author). From Amazon: "When reporter Ellen Gleeson gets a “Have You Seen This Child?” flyer in the mail, she almost throws it away. But something about it makes her look again, and her heart stops—the child in the photo is identical to her adopted son, Will. Her every instinct tells her to deny the similarity between the boys, because she knows her adoption was lawful. But she’s a journalist and won’t be able to stop thinking about the photo until she figures out the truth. And she can’t shake the question: if Will rightfully belongs to someone else, should she keep him or give him up? She investigates, uncovering clues no one was meant to discover, and when she digs too deep, she risks losing her own life—and that of the son she loves. Lisa Scottoline breaks new ground in Look Again, a thriller that’s both heart-stopping and heart-breaking, and sure to have new fans and book clubs buzzing. " I'm about halfway through this book, and it is quite a page-turner!

We are thinking about taking a Caribbean cruise with some friends in October. They found a great price on a 7 day cruise out of Galveston. Hopefully we can come up with the money (donations will be accepted-HA!). That will give me something to look forward to since we will still be adjusting to our EMPTY NEST!

Today's music: Martina McBride's new CD "SHINE". GREAT CD!

And a quote for this warm April day: "In all the things of nature there is something of the marvelous." -- Aristotle

Comments

Anonymous said…
That cruise sounds like a lot of fun!!! ~ Anne
Anonymous said…
I forgot to say ... I'd like Spring too but I guess we did have our 2 days of it already. :0)
~ Anne
Anonymous said…
Hello all
http://www.smeesh.com/ - generic meridia
The initial recommended dosage is 10 mg of Meridia once daily with or without food.
[url=http://www.smeesh.com/]reductil online[/url]
Several serious but rare adverse effects include paresthesia, sudden mental or mood changes and cardiac arrhythmia.
meridia pills
Although its mechanism of action is relatively different, it is related to amphetamines.

Popular posts from this blog

I-Pod Mania

I thought I'd do a post about all the artists I have on my Ipod. If you have no desire to know, STOP, READ NO FURTHER! I have a wide range of musical tastes, and this is only a partial list. There are also a lot of other artists out there that I want to add...maybe someday! Here goes: Air Supply, Alabama, Alison Krauss, Alter Bridge, Amy Grant, Amy Winehouse, Andy Gibb, The Anointed, Audio Adrenaline, Avalon, B.J. Thomas, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, Bad Company, Barbra Streisand, Barry Manilow, Bee Gees, Billy Dean, Billy Idol, Billy Ray Cyrus, Blake Shelton, Blessid Union of Souls, Blondie, Blue Oyster Cult, Bob Dylan, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Bonnie Raitt, Boston, Brad Paisley, Bread, Brooks & Dunn, Bruce Springsteen, Bryan Adams, Building 429, Caedmon's Call, Carly Simon, The Cars, Casting Crowns, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chris Tomlin, Cinderella, Clint Black, Collin Raye, The Commodores, Craig Morgan, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Cyndi Lauper, Damn Yankees, Dan Fogelberg, Dau

Fun times with Lenore

While Lenore and Daniel were here, she had a library book panel at the Johnson County Library in Overland Park. So, on Tuesday afternoon, November 27th, Lenore, her friend Rachelle and I took off for KC. We had a great time visiting on the way up and back, and I didn't get tired at all driving! We stopped for a quick bite to eat at Arby's and filled up with gas at QT before heading to the library. It was an interesting panel featuring Bethany Hagen, author of Landry Park, which comes out next year; Gennifer Albin, author of Crewel, which was released a few months ago; and Lenore, whose book will be released on January 15. Here's the panel: Me & Lenore: Lenore & Rachelle: Gennifer, Bethany and Lenore

K-STATE WINS!

K-STATE beat KU! AWESOME! It was a tense game. Corby is a huge KU fan, and even having a son at K-State hasn't changed that. I am happy when any Kansas team does well; but I had to root for K-State tonight. If the Jayhawks had to lose, I'm glad it was to K-State. Michael Beasley is a great player, and my only concern is that he will leave after his freshman year and go pro. WAY TO GO CATS!