Skip to main content

Crazy Neighbors

Why is it that neighbors have to be such jerks? I was outside tonight, watering the flowers, and then relaxing on our swing. Our neighbors across the street, who do their utmost to ignore everyone in the neighborhood, had someone come visit them. This person was driving a big ass suburban, and as she was coming down the street, she hit the mirror of our neighbor's van. It's a retractable mirror, so there was no damage, but she at least went to the neighbor and had him come out and look at it. The adult daughter of our neighbors across the street proceeded to bash us, and the fact that our kids park in the street. First of all, they park in front of our other neighbors house, who happens to be our friend. They don't park across the street in front of this neighbor's house. Not sure why she was complaining, but I heard her say "look at her. Her kids park in the street all the time. Their driveway is empty, but they park in the street." Well, folks, the street belongs to the city, not to any one of us. Second of all, Kaitlin parks her truck in the driveway so she doesn't take up a lot of the street (she happens to be at work right now). Since I leave for work first in the morning, and I park in the garage, Brandon and Kaleb park in the street - usually in front of our own house if there are spots available, but never in front of the neighbors across the street. Why she was bashing me and calling me a "fu--ing b-tch" I'll never know. Am I wrong? If there aren't any "no parking" signs in the street, isn't it up for grabs? Why would she care if we're parked in the street if we're not in front of "her" house? Actually, it's not "her" house, it's her mom and stepdads. She moves in and out with her kids as necessary because of not having a job, etc. Sorry, this just ticked me off and I had to get it off my chest!!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I-Pod Mania

I thought I'd do a post about all the artists I have on my Ipod. If you have no desire to know, STOP, READ NO FURTHER! I have a wide range of musical tastes, and this is only a partial list. There are also a lot of other artists out there that I want to add...maybe someday! Here goes: Air Supply, Alabama, Alison Krauss, Alter Bridge, Amy Grant, Amy Winehouse, Andy Gibb, The Anointed, Audio Adrenaline, Avalon, B.J. Thomas, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, Bad Company, Barbra Streisand, Barry Manilow, Bee Gees, Billy Dean, Billy Idol, Billy Ray Cyrus, Blake Shelton, Blessid Union of Souls, Blondie, Blue Oyster Cult, Bob Dylan, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Bonnie Raitt, Boston, Brad Paisley, Bread, Brooks & Dunn, Bruce Springsteen, Bryan Adams, Building 429, Caedmon's Call, Carly Simon, The Cars, Casting Crowns, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chris Tomlin, Cinderella, Clint Black, Collin Raye, The Commodores, Craig Morgan, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Cyndi Lauper, Damn Yankees, Dan Fogelberg, Dau

Fun times with Lenore

While Lenore and Daniel were here, she had a library book panel at the Johnson County Library in Overland Park. So, on Tuesday afternoon, November 27th, Lenore, her friend Rachelle and I took off for KC. We had a great time visiting on the way up and back, and I didn't get tired at all driving! We stopped for a quick bite to eat at Arby's and filled up with gas at QT before heading to the library. It was an interesting panel featuring Bethany Hagen, author of Landry Park, which comes out next year; Gennifer Albin, author of Crewel, which was released a few months ago; and Lenore, whose book will be released on January 15. Here's the panel: Me & Lenore: Lenore & Rachelle: Gennifer, Bethany and Lenore

K-STATE WINS!

K-STATE beat KU! AWESOME! It was a tense game. Corby is a huge KU fan, and even having a son at K-State hasn't changed that. I am happy when any Kansas team does well; but I had to root for K-State tonight. If the Jayhawks had to lose, I'm glad it was to K-State. Michael Beasley is a great player, and my only concern is that he will leave after his freshman year and go pro. WAY TO GO CATS!