Skip to main content

The Toe

I would love to post a picture of my big toe, but I think I would gross too many people out. Suffice it to say that's it's still pretty scary looking. I think it's taking a bit longer to heal (and scab over) since the gauze got stuck to it. I'm still soaking it or wrapping it in a wet towel for a while every night. Kaitlin went to Old Navy today and I had her pick me up a couple of new pairs of flip flops (2/$5-can't beat that price) since that's all I can wear right now. I keep a big bandaid on it when I'm at work, but I think that just agitates it even more, so once I'm home the bandaid comes off and I let it breathe. Aren't you all getting sick of "toe" posts by now?

We've started collecting boxes so the kids can start packing. Brandon got all their utilities set up today, and the countdown is on (17 or 18 days-keep reading). They are moving either Fri. July 31st or Sat. Aug. 1. They can't have the gas turned on until Monday the 3rd if they move on Saturday, so Kaitlin is going to e-mail their landlord and see if they can move in on the 31st. Corby is off work that whole week, and I'm off Thursday and Friday. Originally I was going to be gone that week to State College, PA with my boss, but our trip has been cancelled. I'm glad, because that would have been 5 less days with the kids.

Corby and Brandon went to the eye doctor today. They both needed new glasses and even with insurance it cost a ton of money. In fact, Corby isn't quite the shopper I am so I'm calling them in the morning to change something on his lenses so we can save about $80. What can I say - the guy needs me? LOL!

Kaitlin informed me today that she'd gone through my "pet" file and figured out how old the pets are. Cinnamon will be 6 this fall, Sugar just turned 5, Muffin is 3 and Abby was 1 in April. They will soon be the only "kids" we'll have left at home!

Today's music: Daughtry's new CD. Kaitlin picked it up at Target today.

Today's quote: "Accept challenges so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory." -- George S. Patton

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I-Pod Mania

I thought I'd do a post about all the artists I have on my Ipod. If you have no desire to know, STOP, READ NO FURTHER! I have a wide range of musical tastes, and this is only a partial list. There are also a lot of other artists out there that I want to add...maybe someday! Here goes: Air Supply, Alabama, Alison Krauss, Alter Bridge, Amy Grant, Amy Winehouse, Andy Gibb, The Anointed, Audio Adrenaline, Avalon, B.J. Thomas, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, Bad Company, Barbra Streisand, Barry Manilow, Bee Gees, Billy Dean, Billy Idol, Billy Ray Cyrus, Blake Shelton, Blessid Union of Souls, Blondie, Blue Oyster Cult, Bob Dylan, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Bonnie Raitt, Boston, Brad Paisley, Bread, Brooks & Dunn, Bruce Springsteen, Bryan Adams, Building 429, Caedmon's Call, Carly Simon, The Cars, Casting Crowns, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chris Tomlin, Cinderella, Clint Black, Collin Raye, The Commodores, Craig Morgan, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Cyndi Lauper, Damn Yankees, Dan Fogelberg, Dau

Fun times with Lenore

While Lenore and Daniel were here, she had a library book panel at the Johnson County Library in Overland Park. So, on Tuesday afternoon, November 27th, Lenore, her friend Rachelle and I took off for KC. We had a great time visiting on the way up and back, and I didn't get tired at all driving! We stopped for a quick bite to eat at Arby's and filled up with gas at QT before heading to the library. It was an interesting panel featuring Bethany Hagen, author of Landry Park, which comes out next year; Gennifer Albin, author of Crewel, which was released a few months ago; and Lenore, whose book will be released on January 15. Here's the panel: Me & Lenore: Lenore & Rachelle: Gennifer, Bethany and Lenore

K-STATE WINS!

K-STATE beat KU! AWESOME! It was a tense game. Corby is a huge KU fan, and even having a son at K-State hasn't changed that. I am happy when any Kansas team does well; but I had to root for K-State tonight. If the Jayhawks had to lose, I'm glad it was to K-State. Michael Beasley is a great player, and my only concern is that he will leave after his freshman year and go pro. WAY TO GO CATS!