Skip to main content

Mid-Week Update

Kaitlin's computer did NOT bite the dust. Her brothers - who plan on being computer engineers - figured out the memory had gone bad. So, after buying some new memory, she's back up and running YEAH!

Kaitlin had an interview at Dillons on Tuesday afternoon. She ended up turning down the job. It wasn't for a cashier, but for the salad bar. She thought that would be okay until the manager told her that she couldn't guarantee her any time off at the holidays. She went ahead and accepted the position, but called me to discuss it. We decided that it would be really hard on her to stay in Manhattan for the holidays - especially since she is a freshman and is adjusting to life away from home. I didn't want her to miss coming home, and she wasn't too happy about it either. So she respectfully declined the job. She is in a position to NOT have to work - she's gotten enough money from scholarships, grants and loans to be "unemployed" her freshman year. She still wants to work, so continues to look for a job.

Kaleb had an interview at the IT desk at K-State today. He will find out on Friday if he gets the position. He cracks me up! I called him last night to make sure he had "studied" everything and was prepared for the interview. He said "MOM - I know it all". Yes, he is our child that "knows it all!" - or - thinks he does.

I'm tired of rain. I'm ready for some sunshine and mid 70's temps. Doubt I'll get it, but one can wish!

I'm ready to win tonight's $245 million Powerball lottery. It's almost time to check out the winning numbers. Wish me luck!

Comments

I worked maybe 10 hrs a week my freshman year on campus - mainly to pay my phone bill!!

Popular posts from this blog

I-Pod Mania

I thought I'd do a post about all the artists I have on my Ipod. If you have no desire to know, STOP, READ NO FURTHER! I have a wide range of musical tastes, and this is only a partial list. There are also a lot of other artists out there that I want to add...maybe someday! Here goes: Air Supply, Alabama, Alison Krauss, Alter Bridge, Amy Grant, Amy Winehouse, Andy Gibb, The Anointed, Audio Adrenaline, Avalon, B.J. Thomas, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, Bad Company, Barbra Streisand, Barry Manilow, Bee Gees, Billy Dean, Billy Idol, Billy Ray Cyrus, Blake Shelton, Blessid Union of Souls, Blondie, Blue Oyster Cult, Bob Dylan, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Bonnie Raitt, Boston, Brad Paisley, Bread, Brooks & Dunn, Bruce Springsteen, Bryan Adams, Building 429, Caedmon's Call, Carly Simon, The Cars, Casting Crowns, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chris Tomlin, Cinderella, Clint Black, Collin Raye, The Commodores, Craig Morgan, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Cyndi Lauper, Damn Yankees, Dan Fogelberg, Dau

VACATION

On vacation for a few days (return to work on Thursday)...here's where I wish I was... I plan on enjoying some peace and quiet...and possibly, if I get motivated, getting some cleaning and organizing done in the office area of the basement. We'll see if that motivation arrives (it's not here yet)... Good news for Park City residents...recycling came to town the first of January. We are charged $4.00 month (added onto our already high water bill); but it has lowered the price of our trash pickup. The company P.C. contracted with has a much lower price than the company we use. Our company matched the price, so our trash bills went down (considerably) AND we get to recycle. We can recycle almost all our plastics, newspapers, cardboard, aluminum cans, cereal boxes, glass, motor oil, etc. We've got two big bags to set out tomorrow. Just doin' our part for the environment. We are without hot water right now...our hot water heater needs a new thermo-couple? It's a fair

K-STATE WINS!

K-STATE beat KU! AWESOME! It was a tense game. Corby is a huge KU fan, and even having a son at K-State hasn't changed that. I am happy when any Kansas team does well; but I had to root for K-State tonight. If the Jayhawks had to lose, I'm glad it was to K-State. Michael Beasley is a great player, and my only concern is that he will leave after his freshman year and go pro. WAY TO GO CATS!