Skip to main content

Happy Anniversary to ME!

I began working at the Wichita Eagle on Nov. 22, 1976; so today I am celebrating 33 years! When I train the new salespeople on the layout procedures, I let them know I was a toddler when I started! I began in the classified advertising department, taking ads over the phone. About a year and a half later, I started working in the classified support area, and about 6 months later I went across the hall to be the lead typist in our Ad Services Department. Years later, I trained in layout, and while helping do it part-time, I became secretary to our Production Director, and then assistant to our VP/Operations. From there I became layout manager, and am now also supervising our classified inside sales staff. So I've had a variety of duties over the years, and have enjoyed learning a lot of different things. So, happy anniversary to me! It's been a great ride (for the most part)!!!

Corby and I have both had busy weeks at work, so after eating leftover meatloaf for several days, we went to Applebee's on Thursday night for dinner. We enjoyed their 2/$20 meal that included an appetizer. Saturday was spent running around town. We intended to go to Hometown Buffet for breakfast, but they were so crowded (with a line out the door) that we grabbed a biscuit from McDonald's instead. After visiting with mom, we visited with my sister Rhonda, who got TERRIBLE news this week - she was laid off from her job with Aetna after working there for over 30 years! It was unexpected and a huge shock! She'll be making some life-changing decisions due to the layoff. Keep her in your prayers!


From Rhonda's we went to look at an old Ford truck one of my friend's has for sale. I think Corby's decided not to buy it. Even though the price is very low, there is a lot of rust throughout the bed and it may not hold up to any hauling we would want to use it for. After a trip to Walmart, Dillons and Leeker's, we were finally home. LONG DAY, as our Saturday's usually are!

Today is cleaning day. Corby pulled all the flowers & tomato plants out of the garden bed and mowed. I've done some cleaning, laundry, and bill paying. I'm looking forward to some vacation. I took off the day after Thanksgiving, as well as the following Mon. & Tues. Corby is on vacation all this week! Lucky guy! I've also done some online Christmas shopping. Now if I could only get some ideas for Brandon, I'd be on target to finish in the next week or two.




Comments

Congrats on your anniversary!

Poor Rhonda...terrible news indeed.

Popular posts from this blog

I-Pod Mania

I thought I'd do a post about all the artists I have on my Ipod. If you have no desire to know, STOP, READ NO FURTHER! I have a wide range of musical tastes, and this is only a partial list. There are also a lot of other artists out there that I want to add...maybe someday! Here goes: Air Supply, Alabama, Alison Krauss, Alter Bridge, Amy Grant, Amy Winehouse, Andy Gibb, The Anointed, Audio Adrenaline, Avalon, B.J. Thomas, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, Bad Company, Barbra Streisand, Barry Manilow, Bee Gees, Billy Dean, Billy Idol, Billy Ray Cyrus, Blake Shelton, Blessid Union of Souls, Blondie, Blue Oyster Cult, Bob Dylan, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Bonnie Raitt, Boston, Brad Paisley, Bread, Brooks & Dunn, Bruce Springsteen, Bryan Adams, Building 429, Caedmon's Call, Carly Simon, The Cars, Casting Crowns, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chris Tomlin, Cinderella, Clint Black, Collin Raye, The Commodores, Craig Morgan, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Cyndi Lauper, Damn Yankees, Dan Fogelberg, Dau

VACATION

On vacation for a few days (return to work on Thursday)...here's where I wish I was... I plan on enjoying some peace and quiet...and possibly, if I get motivated, getting some cleaning and organizing done in the office area of the basement. We'll see if that motivation arrives (it's not here yet)... Good news for Park City residents...recycling came to town the first of January. We are charged $4.00 month (added onto our already high water bill); but it has lowered the price of our trash pickup. The company P.C. contracted with has a much lower price than the company we use. Our company matched the price, so our trash bills went down (considerably) AND we get to recycle. We can recycle almost all our plastics, newspapers, cardboard, aluminum cans, cereal boxes, glass, motor oil, etc. We've got two big bags to set out tomorrow. Just doin' our part for the environment. We are without hot water right now...our hot water heater needs a new thermo-couple? It's a fair

K-STATE WINS!

K-STATE beat KU! AWESOME! It was a tense game. Corby is a huge KU fan, and even having a son at K-State hasn't changed that. I am happy when any Kansas team does well; but I had to root for K-State tonight. If the Jayhawks had to lose, I'm glad it was to K-State. Michael Beasley is a great player, and my only concern is that he will leave after his freshman year and go pro. WAY TO GO CATS!