Skip to main content

Manhattan Trip - Feb. 2010

So everyone knows that my kids are living in Manhattan and going to K-State. Yesterday, I took a day trip to visit them. Since I do not have a reliable vehicle, and am still looking for a replacement, I opted to rent a car for the day. I selected a "standard" when renting it online through Enterprise, but was quite surprised when I picked up my car. They upgraded me for FREE, to a Cadillac SRX Crossover.

WOW, what a gorgeous, LOADED vehicle! Since the starting price of a new one is $35,000 (and I'm sure the fully loaded one puts it over $40,000!) this won't be a vehicle I'll be purchasing unless I win the lottery. But it did provide a sweet ride, and the kids were impressed!

Since the kids did have a few classes, I visited with Kaleb & Kaitlin for a while, and took them to Target to pick up a few necessities, including a couple of new pairs of work slacks for Kaleb. Brandon was home from class by the time we got back to their place, so we hung out for a while before taking Kaleb to his two afternoon classes. While he was in class, we went to Best Buy and the mall. Had fun, even though we didn't spend much money. We picked Kaleb up around 4:30 when he got out of class, and I took them to Famous Dave's for dinner.

Kaitlin with her best friend, Lydia, who I finally got to meet.

She is coming home w/Kaitlin on the 26th for a weekend visit.

Kaleb, the scruffy college student.

Brandon, who was smiling through a bad cold.

Lydia took a couple of pictures for us...the first one isn't too good because our glasses are glaring...UGH.

The second one was better except for Brandon's goofy face. He does NOT like to have his picture taken.


I had a great visit, and can't wait for spring break in March!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I-Pod Mania

I thought I'd do a post about all the artists I have on my Ipod. If you have no desire to know, STOP, READ NO FURTHER! I have a wide range of musical tastes, and this is only a partial list. There are also a lot of other artists out there that I want to add...maybe someday! Here goes: Air Supply, Alabama, Alison Krauss, Alter Bridge, Amy Grant, Amy Winehouse, Andy Gibb, The Anointed, Audio Adrenaline, Avalon, B.J. Thomas, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, Bad Company, Barbra Streisand, Barry Manilow, Bee Gees, Billy Dean, Billy Idol, Billy Ray Cyrus, Blake Shelton, Blessid Union of Souls, Blondie, Blue Oyster Cult, Bob Dylan, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Bonnie Raitt, Boston, Brad Paisley, Bread, Brooks & Dunn, Bruce Springsteen, Bryan Adams, Building 429, Caedmon's Call, Carly Simon, The Cars, Casting Crowns, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chris Tomlin, Cinderella, Clint Black, Collin Raye, The Commodores, Craig Morgan, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Cyndi Lauper, Damn Yankees, Dan Fogelberg, Dau

VACATION

On vacation for a few days (return to work on Thursday)...here's where I wish I was... I plan on enjoying some peace and quiet...and possibly, if I get motivated, getting some cleaning and organizing done in the office area of the basement. We'll see if that motivation arrives (it's not here yet)... Good news for Park City residents...recycling came to town the first of January. We are charged $4.00 month (added onto our already high water bill); but it has lowered the price of our trash pickup. The company P.C. contracted with has a much lower price than the company we use. Our company matched the price, so our trash bills went down (considerably) AND we get to recycle. We can recycle almost all our plastics, newspapers, cardboard, aluminum cans, cereal boxes, glass, motor oil, etc. We've got two big bags to set out tomorrow. Just doin' our part for the environment. We are without hot water right now...our hot water heater needs a new thermo-couple? It's a fair

Fun times with Lenore

While Lenore and Daniel were here, she had a library book panel at the Johnson County Library in Overland Park. So, on Tuesday afternoon, November 27th, Lenore, her friend Rachelle and I took off for KC. We had a great time visiting on the way up and back, and I didn't get tired at all driving! We stopped for a quick bite to eat at Arby's and filled up with gas at QT before heading to the library. It was an interesting panel featuring Bethany Hagen, author of Landry Park, which comes out next year; Gennifer Albin, author of Crewel, which was released a few months ago; and Lenore, whose book will be released on January 15. Here's the panel: Me & Lenore: Lenore & Rachelle: Gennifer, Bethany and Lenore