Skip to main content

Weekend...

The weekend started off with a nice, relaxing Friday evening. My BFF Melody and I met at Margarita's for some - you guessed it - margarita's and dinner! We had a great visit, and decided we need to schedule a monthly "date" so we can catch up on each others lives.


Corby had to work yesterday morning, so I was on my own visiting mom. We had a nice visit, and she was in a good mood. They had some cool entertainment on Friday afternoon - a puppeteer!

I made it back home before Corby got home from work. Once he made it home we headed out for our Saturday errand running. Went to Target and picked up a few things, including some new bath towels, which we desperately needed; then had lunch at Hog Wild BBQ. Corby loves that place, but we rarely go there. We did our grocery shopping at Dillons, and had to fight through the crowds. I guess everyone was getting their goodies for today's Super Bowl!

Brandon really wanted to come home yesterday. He wants a new phone, and we planned to get one in January or February. However, he had to work until 7, and would have had to go back tonight. With the winter weather storm they are predicting, I didn't want him driving, so he stayed home. We are planning on going to Manhattan next Sun. and Mon. (I'm off work the week of Feb. 15th), so we'll go to Topeka if need be to get him a new phone then.

Here are this week's pictures:

Corby being silly. The cats love to play in boxes, and this just so happens to be an empty Bud Light box. Abby couldn't figure out what "daddy" was doing...


Corby has been on a baking binge this weekend. Yesterday he made caramel banana pecan muffins and double chocolate chunk muffins. Today he made chocolate chip cookies. Needless to say, most of them are going to work. I love sweets, but I can't eat THAT many. Oh, and a box of cookies is being mailed to the kids too!





Now it's time for the Super Bowl. We're keeping it very low key this year. Making some queso and just chilling...it's back to work tomorrow. One week and then I get a week off. WAHOO!


We are still looking at a cruise for late October with our friends, Cindy & Jerry. We can get a pretty good deal going to the Bahamas out of Charleston, S.C. Will not decide for sure until I get our taxes done on my week off. Hopefully we'll get to go!







Comments

Anne said…
Love the picture of your Mom and (of course) those chocolate chip cookies!!!
Lenore said…
Wish you could mail some of those goodies my way!
Kaitlin said…
wait a minute... we didn't get any muffins! i didn't know dad made those!

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: The Lost Girls by Allison Brennan

THE LOST GIRLS
by ALLISON BRENNAN
St. Martin's Press
November 1, 2016
5 STARS

Love Brennan's Lucy Kincaid series!

Siobhan Walsh has been looking for two sisters who disappeared 2 years ago. She feels responsible, so when she gets a phone call from a Texas priest, who has found an abandoned newborn with a locket nearby that she'd given one of the girls; she goes to Texas in hopes of finding them. She calls in her FBI friends, including Lucy Kincaid, and the search is on. Meanwhile, Lucy's fiance, Sean, has an unexpected visit from a former girlfriend. Her husband, and the 12 year old son he never knew he had, have disappeared in Mexico. So it's time for the Rogan family to find out what's going on.

This is a suspenseful, hard-to-put-down book, so hang on for the ride! Be prepared for a human trafficking story that is hard to stomach, and more than likely, all too true in this day and age. Mexican cartels, murder and mayhem. This book has it all.
The Nanny Arrangement
by Rachel Harris
May 22, 2017
Entangled Publishing



Hannah has been best friends with Deacon for years, ever since she befriended him and he became her protector. Now she's been asked to be the nanny for Deacon's son, while he's embarking on a tour with a famous country band. Hannah has loved him for years, and she's determined to make him see her as more than a best friend. Do her tactics work? Does Deacon's upbringing (absent dad, alcoholic mother) prevent him from being able to maintain a relationship?

I loved the interaction that Hannah had with Deacon, as well as his band-mates wives and girlfriends. First book I've read by Harris, and I enjoyed it so much that I need to go back and read You're Still The One, the first book in the series.

Life Goes On

Life changed for me on July 17, 2017. I was laid off from the place I worked for almost 41 years.

I wasn't totally surprised. After all, layoffs have become the norm at newspapers. I was hoping I could make it at least another year.

But...alas...I didn't.

The Wichita Eagle has been my home and my life for so long. I started just after I turned 20 years old. Back in the good old days. What have I done over the years?

Job 1 - Classified Ad Taker
Job 2 - Classified Ad Support Staff
Job 3 - Ad Services Head Typist
Job 4 - Newspaper Layout Assistant
Job 5 - Production Director Secretary
Job 6 - VP/Operations Administrative Assistant
Job 7 - Executive Administrative Assistant and Layout Coordinator
Job 8 - Page Layout Manager
Job 9 - Prepress Manager
Job 10 - Advertising Customer Service Manager

There are other job duties in between all of these milestones. I dedicated my heart and soul to the Eagle. I started when I was so young. I met my husband while I worked there. I had all three of my child…