Skip to main content

I promise...

to do better writing this blog. Somehow the days just get away from me. Perhaps it's because I have three huge projects going on at work, as well as all my regular duties. Perhaps it's because the last month has been pretty busy, with a trip to Omaha for Brandon's interview, graduation, Mother's Day, Brandon's birthday, etc.

We actually celebrated Mother's Day, birthdays for Michelle, Brandon and Rhonda, and Brandon's graduation last weekend. We met on Sunday (glad it was Memorial Day weekend!) at our house.

Family who attended: Rhonda, Mom, Marilyn, Mike, Terry, Sandy, Michelle, Nick
Friends who attended: Melody and her friends Marge & Richard, Paul, Alex & Jansen; Brandon's friend Brady and neighbors Tom and Tiffany. Diane and her boyfriend also stopped by. I didn't get a lot of pictures, but I did get a few:

Nick in our K-State chair. Had to get this picture since he's a huge KU fan.
 Brandon with his graduation cake...





We had a great time. It was pretty hot and windy, but better than chilly! Corby fixed pulled pork, cole slaw and beans. We make plans for our next big bash: Sunday, July 3rd. We'll do our July 4th celebration then since the 4th is on Monday and most of us have to work the next day. That's okay, Park City starts shooting fireworks several days early, so I'm sure we'll see plenty on Sunday!

We are blessed to have Brandon back home, at least for a while. He's got a full-time intern job, and is hoping it will become a full-time permanent job in 3-6 months. It's great having him home. He's been spending a lot of time with his best friend Brady. While trying to remember how long they've been friends, I remembered they met in 6th grade at Allison and have been friends ever since. That's 11 years. Glad that he's got a friend to hang around with here in town!

Finally got mom's new shoes. I had to take her to Hart Medical/Pharmacy at 13th & Oliver for a fitting and to order them. Terry took her to get them on Thursday evening, and I will take her back for one more check before she's cleared to wear them. Since she is diabetic, Medicare pays 80% of the shoes and 3 sets of inserts. She's been complaining for 5 months about needing shoes, but when Marilyn went over to see her last night she wasn't wearing them. Marilyn asked her why, and she said she wasn't supposed to wear them. She got confused. She's just not supposed to wear them outside until after her next appointment on June 14th. She cracks me up sometimes...


Got tickets from work for tomorrow's Wingnuts game at 5:00. I'll have to wait and see how hot it is before I decide if I want to go. Not sure I want to sit out there if it's 100 degrees!










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: The Lost Girls by Allison Brennan

THE LOST GIRLS
by ALLISON BRENNAN
St. Martin's Press
November 1, 2016
5 STARS

Love Brennan's Lucy Kincaid series!

Siobhan Walsh has been looking for two sisters who disappeared 2 years ago. She feels responsible, so when she gets a phone call from a Texas priest, who has found an abandoned newborn with a locket nearby that she'd given one of the girls; she goes to Texas in hopes of finding them. She calls in her FBI friends, including Lucy Kincaid, and the search is on. Meanwhile, Lucy's fiance, Sean, has an unexpected visit from a former girlfriend. Her husband, and the 12 year old son he never knew he had, have disappeared in Mexico. So it's time for the Rogan family to find out what's going on.

This is a suspenseful, hard-to-put-down book, so hang on for the ride! Be prepared for a human trafficking story that is hard to stomach, and more than likely, all too true in this day and age. Mexican cartels, murder and mayhem. This book has it all.

Entertainment Weekly "REVISITED"

(thanks for the REVISITED idea, Robyn!)

Okay, I posted last week a blog entry about Entertainment Weekly's Top 100 Movies of the last 25 years. Now I'm going to post their Top 10 TV Shows, and my Top 10 TV Shows...

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY'S TOP 10:
1. The Simpson's - don't like, never watch
2. The Sopranos - never watched
3. Seinfeld - don't like, not a Seinfeld fan
4. The X-Files - never watched
5. Sex and the City - never watched (do you see a pattern here?)
6. Survivor - UGH - I HATE ALMOST ALL REALITY SHOWS!
7. The Cosby Show - I would put this in my Top 20, but probably not my Top 10
8. Lost - never watched
9. Friends - HATED!
10. Buffy the Vampire Slayer - never watched

Obviously you can see my tastes are definitely not the same as the EW reviewer's.

Here's my Top 10:
1. Miami Vice - I still drool over Don Johnson
2. Golden Girls - consistently funny, and I love Sophia!
3. Scarecrow and Mrs. King - Bruce Boxleitner was one HOT dude!
4. CSI Miami - great cast! great st…
The Nanny Arrangement
by Rachel Harris
May 22, 2017
Entangled Publishing



Hannah has been best friends with Deacon for years, ever since she befriended him and he became her protector. Now she's been asked to be the nanny for Deacon's son, while he's embarking on a tour with a famous country band. Hannah has loved him for years, and she's determined to make him see her as more than a best friend. Do her tactics work? Does Deacon's upbringing (absent dad, alcoholic mother) prevent him from being able to maintain a relationship?

I loved the interaction that Hannah had with Deacon, as well as his band-mates wives and girlfriends. First book I've read by Harris, and I enjoyed it so much that I need to go back and read You're Still The One, the first book in the series.