Skip to main content

Busy, Hectic, Wild Life

I'm having a hard time keeping up with this blog. Facebook and Twitter seem to have taken over my computer time. But I will do my best to post a blog occasionally.

Life has been crazy the last month or so.

Mom's dementia continues to rule her life. She's had some struggles lately, and lost her roommate this past week. She will have a new roommate soon I'm sure, since there is a waiting list for Presbyterian Manor.

Lenore and Daniel were in Wichita September 12-19. Most of the family met at Watermark Books on Saturday morning the 17th, where Daniel read and signed copies of TEACH YOUR BUFFALO TO PLAY DRUMS, his second illustrated children's book (authored by Audrey Vernick). After drawing buffalo's in everyone's book, we headed to Olive Garden for a family birthday lunch, celebrating Lenore, Nick and Marilyn's birthdays. It was Marilyn's 50th! Rhonda wasn't feeling well so didn't get to come (more on that later). We had a wonderful lunch and Lenore, having received an advance on her first YA novel LEVEL TWO (publishing in 2012), bought everyone's meal! THANKS Lenore!

On Sunday, Brandon, Kaitlin and I met Terry, Sandy, Lenore, Daniel, Nick and Michelle at the Warren Theatre and saw DRIVE with Ryan Gosling. It was an "artsy" movie and very violent. It was okay, but as usual, I had to cover my eyes during some of the scenes!

This past week we've spent dealing with Rhonda's illness. She fell on Tuesday night and Marilyn had to call EMS to help her get up. She wasn't any better by Friday, when I took her some Gatorade and visited with her at lunch. Friday night she wasn't answering the phone, so Marilyn and Diana went to check on her. She was actually in her living room and said she didn't hear the phone because she was asleep. Shortly after Marilyn & Diana left, Rhonda called me to say she was on the floor again. Marilyn & Diana went back over and called EMS, while convincing her that this time she needed to go to the hospital. All of us gathered at Via Christi-St. Francis, until they finally admitted her and got her a room about 2:15am Saturday morning. They are running tests, but she is anemic, had low blood pressure, needed oxygen, etc. She is still too weak to get up and around. While Kaitlin and I were visiting her this morning, the doctor came in and suggested doing a colonoscopy. She doesn't want to do it now, while she's in the hospital, but I told her she really needs to. I called Marilyn when I got home and told her we both need to gang up on her so she gets it done. Hopefully they can figure out what is wrong with her and get her on the road to recovery.

Here is a picture of Ally when I was at Rhonda's on Friday. Ally apparently didn't want me to leave...
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I-Pod Mania

I thought I'd do a post about all the artists I have on my Ipod. If you have no desire to know, STOP, READ NO FURTHER! I have a wide range of musical tastes, and this is only a partial list. There are also a lot of other artists out there that I want to add...maybe someday! Here goes: Air Supply, Alabama, Alison Krauss, Alter Bridge, Amy Grant, Amy Winehouse, Andy Gibb, The Anointed, Audio Adrenaline, Avalon, B.J. Thomas, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, Bad Company, Barbra Streisand, Barry Manilow, Bee Gees, Billy Dean, Billy Idol, Billy Ray Cyrus, Blake Shelton, Blessid Union of Souls, Blondie, Blue Oyster Cult, Bob Dylan, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Bonnie Raitt, Boston, Brad Paisley, Bread, Brooks & Dunn, Bruce Springsteen, Bryan Adams, Building 429, Caedmon's Call, Carly Simon, The Cars, Casting Crowns, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chris Tomlin, Cinderella, Clint Black, Collin Raye, The Commodores, Craig Morgan, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Cyndi Lauper, Damn Yankees, Dan Fogelberg, Dau

Fun times with Lenore

While Lenore and Daniel were here, she had a library book panel at the Johnson County Library in Overland Park. So, on Tuesday afternoon, November 27th, Lenore, her friend Rachelle and I took off for KC. We had a great time visiting on the way up and back, and I didn't get tired at all driving! We stopped for a quick bite to eat at Arby's and filled up with gas at QT before heading to the library. It was an interesting panel featuring Bethany Hagen, author of Landry Park, which comes out next year; Gennifer Albin, author of Crewel, which was released a few months ago; and Lenore, whose book will be released on January 15. Here's the panel: Me & Lenore: Lenore & Rachelle: Gennifer, Bethany and Lenore

K-STATE WINS!

K-STATE beat KU! AWESOME! It was a tense game. Corby is a huge KU fan, and even having a son at K-State hasn't changed that. I am happy when any Kansas team does well; but I had to root for K-State tonight. If the Jayhawks had to lose, I'm glad it was to K-State. Michael Beasley is a great player, and my only concern is that he will leave after his freshman year and go pro. WAY TO GO CATS!