Skip to main content

December almost over?

I can't believe that 2012 is almost over.

We've had a busy December, as one would expect. I had some time off the first part of the month, and then was able to take Christmas Eve and today, the day after Christmas, off. 

We had a good holiday. Kaleb came home on Friday afternoon, and the kids and I went to the Wings game that night. They beat the Missouri Comets, and finally look like a team! It's been a rough beginning to the season, but hopefully they are on their way to some great wins!

Kaitlin and Brandon went to the Shocker's baskeball game on Saturday night at Intrust Arena. Kaleb, Melody, Corby and I went to dinner at Abuelo's and then came home and played SkipBo and UNO. Great fun!

Christmas Eve was fun too. All my siblings gathered at the clubhouse where Mike & Diana live. Terry & Sandy came after a long day of driving back from Indiana, where they had spent the weekend visiting her family. Michelle came by later, as did Ryan. Melody, Diane and Colin came, and we had some great junk food: turkey meatballs, Asian slaw salad, jalapeno poppers, great dips, etc. I got two copies of The Amazing Spiderman in Blu-Ray, so I'll be exchanging one of them for something else - perhaps Jaws in Blu-Ray? All in all, it was a fun evening.

Christmas Day was spent with just us and the kids. Brandon spent the night with us, so Santa could visit :-)

We slept late, Kaitlin and I fixed Cinnamon bits for brunch, and Corby fixed an awesome pork loin and roasted veggies for dinner. We also watched The Expendables 2, which Corby got for Christmas.

Corby and I are celebrating our 25th anniversary today. Hard to believe it's been 25 years! Wonderful, glorious years! I wouldn't change a minute of our lives!

Kaitlin and I went shopping while the guys went to see Django Unchained at the Warren. Kaleb left for Manhattan after they got home from the movie. We're sorry to see him go, but glad he will be back in a few weeks for Lenore's book launch of Level 2 at Watermark Books.

Back to work tomorrow, for 2 days. I think I can handle that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I-Pod Mania

I thought I'd do a post about all the artists I have on my Ipod. If you have no desire to know, STOP, READ NO FURTHER! I have a wide range of musical tastes, and this is only a partial list. There are also a lot of other artists out there that I want to add...maybe someday! Here goes: Air Supply, Alabama, Alison Krauss, Alter Bridge, Amy Grant, Amy Winehouse, Andy Gibb, The Anointed, Audio Adrenaline, Avalon, B.J. Thomas, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, Bad Company, Barbra Streisand, Barry Manilow, Bee Gees, Billy Dean, Billy Idol, Billy Ray Cyrus, Blake Shelton, Blessid Union of Souls, Blondie, Blue Oyster Cult, Bob Dylan, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Bonnie Raitt, Boston, Brad Paisley, Bread, Brooks & Dunn, Bruce Springsteen, Bryan Adams, Building 429, Caedmon's Call, Carly Simon, The Cars, Casting Crowns, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chris Tomlin, Cinderella, Clint Black, Collin Raye, The Commodores, Craig Morgan, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Cyndi Lauper, Damn Yankees, Dan Fogelberg, Dau

Fun times with Lenore

While Lenore and Daniel were here, she had a library book panel at the Johnson County Library in Overland Park. So, on Tuesday afternoon, November 27th, Lenore, her friend Rachelle and I took off for KC. We had a great time visiting on the way up and back, and I didn't get tired at all driving! We stopped for a quick bite to eat at Arby's and filled up with gas at QT before heading to the library. It was an interesting panel featuring Bethany Hagen, author of Landry Park, which comes out next year; Gennifer Albin, author of Crewel, which was released a few months ago; and Lenore, whose book will be released on January 15. Here's the panel: Me & Lenore: Lenore & Rachelle: Gennifer, Bethany and Lenore

K-STATE WINS!

K-STATE beat KU! AWESOME! It was a tense game. Corby is a huge KU fan, and even having a son at K-State hasn't changed that. I am happy when any Kansas team does well; but I had to root for K-State tonight. If the Jayhawks had to lose, I'm glad it was to K-State. Michael Beasley is a great player, and my only concern is that he will leave after his freshman year and go pro. WAY TO GO CATS!